Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-19-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

I'm wondering if it is to your advantage to do this quest ASAP if your protagonist is a mage, since that will become your stronghold? I still have a few quests left in chapter 2 to do besides that (unseeying eye, for one). I plan on adding Keldorn to my party long-term once I get to him and wonder if I'm better off grabbing him before I take on the sphere... or if I should get the sphere first (don't know all of the benefits of the sphere as my stronghold). Spoilers are welcome. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2001, 05:37 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
The sphere's pretty hard compared to some, so I wouldn't do it too soon. I like to have done umar hills, trademeet, and some smaller quests in the city first, but it sounds like you've done some of those, so you could probably do it now no problem. I'd definitely get Keldorn before you go, cause there's lots of experience to get, and he doesn't get fidgety if you don't do the unseeing eye quest straight away. The quests you get for the stronghold are quite time consuming (i.e. they only happen every five days or so), but you can finish them in ch6 and you can always just wander around to waste time if you run out of quests before your stronghold quests are done.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pink
Old 09-21-2001, 07:19 AM   #3
samoza
The Magister

Because you play as a mage you should get in there pretty quick because .. (slight spoiler)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
your apprentices that you get will start to make you items sooner, which can only be a good thing
Old 09-21-2001, 07:47 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you are role-playing a cold heartless b**tard of a Mage/Sorcerer, you can get uber items at the expense of morality. If you a saint and regularly give alms to the poor, you can still get uber items, but not as easily.

Planar Sphere Spoiler,
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
So WOOHOO! You are the owner of a inert unmovable piece of metallic spherical junk. Er I mean, you are the Mighty Archmage [Insert Name], Lord of the Planar Sphere, and you wonder what possible fun you can have with your new 'home'.

Well first off, you need to rescue the trapped knights.

Then you get three apprentices. Choose weak items for all of them to survive, or forfeit their lives in order to satisfy your greed.

There are three items altogether.

Should some/all survive, there will be a graduation ceremony and the Planar Sphere becomes officially yours.

Later on, you get tricked into coming to an ambush in the Planar Sphere, and after you survive that ambush, you have to 'assassinate' some lousy, low-life, no-good, stinking magic-hater.

And that's all!

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-21-2001, 09:48 AM   #5
hagimihale
Manshoon

my Sorcerer is Nuetral Good so I guess I need to take the "non-greedy" route. Thanks for the replies! I'll probably grab Keldorn and do the Planar Sphere quest first to get the sub-quests going...
Old 09-21-2001, 05:40 PM   #6
sir Theo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Also in the sfer you will find one of the three part's of the crom frayer.You find the gloves of orge power
Old 09-24-2001, 05:33 PM   #7
hagimihale
Manshoon

Thanks for the replies... Sir Theo, I notice you're from Athens. I was there last year to visit family. Spent most of my time on Kos, but also went to Rhodes, Icaria and Mykonos. I had a great time and if it wasn't for responsibilities back home (rent, student loans etc) I would have stayed (at least for the rest of the summer).

My username is the english spelling of my "greek" last name.