Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 04:45 AM   #71
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

4. Is the decimal inch Imperial? If it is then Imperial. I hate the metric system. I'm an old dog and I don't learn new tricks.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:18 AM   #72
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

5. If you could make any machine (see what I did there, linking the question to your name ) to make your life easier, what would it be?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:20 AM   #73
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

A machine that made real money so I could relax the rest of my life. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #74
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok Sever you're next.
1. What the heck is the bundy war?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:25 AM   #75
ZFR
Legion Symbol

2. What's your favourite comic strip?
Old 07-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #76
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
Ok Sever you're next.
1. What the heck is the bundy war?
Ah, the B&S Bundy War. What a night! Sweet nostalgia...

Anyways, the bundy is short for Bundaberg Rum (my poison of choice and a far-from-the-top Aussie drop) and the war is kinda what happened when you get two thousand country bumpkins (and their utes) together in a paddock and provide them unlimited free rum and beer. Apparently a Bachelor and Spinsters (sp?) Ball is all about getting young people hitched. It works to a degree, i suppose. But for the most part, it's all about catching up with old mates and meeting new people and showering both with whatever drinks are at hand. Hence Bundy War. That night was killer for many reasons, but IIRC, it was the last time they provided full strength rum at such a gig. A pity.

Don't be fooled by my sophisticated appearance in the pic. That was a five dollar suit (a genuine bargain [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ) and i photoshopped out the board shorts and thongs. It's traditional to never wear the same attire to more than one B&S Ball. Given the state of anything that's been to a B&S, it's usually pretty easy to conform to tradition. I have post Bundy war pics, but you won't be seeing them here.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #77
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
2. What's your favourite comic strip?
Calvin & Hobbes. I've kinda grown out of the strips, but that one always made me laugh. And still does. Most of the comics i see in papers these days pale by comparrison. Is it just me, or are the funnies getting a bit weak? There is another sentimental reason why i like Calvin & Hobbes, but only Z would be able to guess at that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #78
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
3. When I joined here I tried names from LOTR but the ones I wanted were taken so I came up with this name as it fit what I do for a living and it is also a great album from my youth.
Ahh doesn't that peeve you off when all the names you want are taken, but at least you thought of a good one *gives thumbs up*
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:14 AM   #79
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

3. What is your favourite genre of music to listen to?
(wow number three questions seem to be my lucky number [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #80
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:

Aelia;
Insights gained from the answer to the Cheeseburger question:
A person looking to take you out would find you a reasonable date. A small diner would be better to you than the extravagant steak house, perhaps even a pancake house. I'd say that you're not extremely high maintenance, or at least not such a stickler about life in general. One word give away "yummy". Your not the prim and proper, nose stuck up in the air type. All of this is based only on the response to that question. It's not an end all be all for a personality quiz, but it does give away more than you might suspect.
Yeah, see I think that is reaching to a huge degree, and there are many other interpretations you could have made that would be equally valid and therefore equally useless. I could have read the question extremely literally, i.e. "which food item do I prefer" (which I did), so the fact that I said no to the filet has nothing to do with what sort of restaurant I would like - I could as easily prefer a fancy restaurant, but I would order the chicken or the foie gras. Or maybe the fact that I said no to both and said I'd make my own suggests I'm extremely high maintenance in that I'm fussy and controlling (but delightfully whimsical - see "yummy" ) and no restaurant you'd take me to would be good enough. There are just too many variables affecting how people will answer this question, rendering any conclusions you might make regarding personality as meaningless.

Anyway sorry to harrass you for what is a perfectly harmless and fun question [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] . Possibly this debate has told you more about my personality than whether I like my beef in whole or reconstituted form - that I'm a boring harping pedant . I think this sort of 'pop psychology' is a bit of a bugbear of mine because it is the sort of thing that laypeople identify as what scientific, experimental psychology is about and it gives it a bad name
[/QUOTE]I am wondering how much trouble I would get into if I made any comments here [img]smile.gif[/img] . Am I a man or a mouse? .

Obviously a Mouse - so I will skirt the big issues of sticklers and down to earthiness. I will however let out the details of what was eaten at our 3 get-togethers.

Lets see - first time out with Aelia I bought here a hotdog and a coke. Next I took her to an all you can eat free feed (and then we left early on my account and she would have still been hungry), and I think the last time was a rather cold and untasty plate of Nacho's I think.

Gee - when you put it like that I sound really really cheap don't I?

[ 07-16-2006, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]