Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 05:17 AM   #11
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by JoChn:
This red cells looks like a cells of blood [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] . Maybe the scientists don't know how look like cells of blood ??
But seriously, that would be cool when this cells are realy aliens, but how they survive flying through our atmosphere??? And how they fly to our planet???
That's a good question, you'd think they'd burn up in the atmostphere if they were entering it from outerspace.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #12
JoChn
Dungeon Master

Yep. That's right! Even small (about 1-2 meters) meteorits burn entering into our atmoshpere and such small cells survive??(I remember this from lessons of geography). Maybe they've came in some flying saucer??
JoChn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:54 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Let me play Devil's Advocate here, but the reason things burn up entering our atmosphere is the speed at which they enter. Early physics, velocity, and resistance cause friction, friction causes heat...With a relatively low rate of descent, they wouldn't catch on fire. Ever seen a sky diver?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:47 AM   #14
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by JoChn:
This red cells looks like a cells of blood [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] . Maybe the scientists don't know how look like cells of blood ??
But seriously, that would be cool when this cells are realy aliens, but how they survive flying through our atmosphere??? And how they fly to our planet???
But see that's just it, they don't look or behave like blood cells, for one thing there's no DNA, for another they reproduce at up to 600 degrees Farenheit, the hottest any known cell will replicate at (or rather survive at) is 250 degrees. Also red blood cells don't replicate themselves, they are produced by bone marrow, and tend to die pretty quickly outside of the body.

Frankly I don't know what it is, but it's pretty cool, and an interesting topic of discussion.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #15
Winterfell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's also worth considering that these are hypothesised alien cells, whichmay or may not even play by our known rules... ie. DNA. And I believe that the reproduction temperatures in air are higher than those in water... So when coming through the atmosphere higher temperatures could be survived and reproduced within. And that point about physics is quite valid, especially if the Meteorite broke up high in our atmosphere the frictional force would be minute if you assume a low entrance velocity, and the cells encountered high flying water vapour clouds.

But you've got to think how cool would it be to work on it though???