Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 09:26 PM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Hell yeah! Whaddaya got? Anything but pink pills. I can't take any pink pills because pink makes me think of Elephants, and Elephants make me think of Earthquakes, and Earthquakes make me think of cracks, and Cracks make me think of Crack, and that's just Whack!, so then I start to freak out. Just sayin. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
How about a nice healthy dose of Thorazine!? It will make all those nasty dreams go away. lol

Zo tell Dr Ziggy ven dis obsession mit der Elefant first began ... ver you troubled as eine Kinder or ist du just verrucht? fdl take two cookies and call me in the morning.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate, such as Children's World. If you said "water," proceed to question 3.

Cows DO drink milk. All mammals drink milk. That's why they are mammals.

Also, 'Green Bricks' would be a perfectly valid answer for question 3 given the prepositions of the question. Around here, 'green houses' are more commonly referred to as 'hot houses' anyway.

I've seen this test before so I already knew the answers, but given the poorly-written nature of some of the questions it irks me that the writers have chosen to rag on people for drawing perfectly valid conclusions. I realise this test is trying to be funny, but the writer's 'assholic' sense of humour doesn't really appeal to my taste [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

[ 07-07-2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 07-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I know Heiro, I was all over Greenhouse LOL.

Well I'm off, taking Micah's two cookies with me.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOLOL! I lost at the cow questions... bwahahahahaha... *drools and goes looking for green bricks* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2004, 12:08 AM   #15
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I've done some of these questions before... when I did Question number 2 for the first time, I answered the question with milk

[ 07-08-2004, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Lauren ]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-08-2004, 12:41 AM   #16
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I'm not demented? Oh, dang, this test cant be right! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2004, 12:17 PM   #17
Ehrys
Manshoon

Awww crap... they're going to have to let out of the loony bin now. Oh well. Where's my little white jacket with the long sleeves? It's cold outside!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:00 PM   #18
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
LOL

Good test and very funny. The only problem is that the answer to number 5 is not ONE degree but THIRTY degrees (unless your watch isn't working properly). The hour hand (that's the little one for those of you who failed question 1 ... hehehe) sweeps a full circle - 360 degrees - in 12 hours, or 30 degrees in one hour. For those of you with wall clocks with all 24 hours shown on them, the correct answer is 15 degrees. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now I can go back on my medication. LOL
you clearly didnt read the question

Quote:
5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?

Answer: One degree. If you said, "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree," you are to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously out of your league. Turn in your pencil, and exit the room. Everyone else proceed to the final question.
the assumption is that the clock is not a normal clock, and that the hand only moves 1/60 of a degree a minute. therefore in an hour 1/60 * 60 = 1 degree. it was a trick question, like the others. :-/
Old 07-08-2004, 06:05 PM   #19
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, pretty good. Like Cloudy, I missed the milk/water one.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:36 PM   #20
The Fallen One
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, pretty good. Like Cloudy, I missed the milk/water one.
almost everyone did [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]