Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I've been seeing a lady now, for about 6 months. Three weeks ago it was her birthday, and I got her a new car.

Everything was good until yesterday, and now she's complaining about the color, and wants one that is yellow as opposed to red. To put it bluntly, she's sulking because it's not her favourite colour and wants me to get her one that is yellow.

Now, if someone buys me a gift, the last thing I do is bitch and moan because it's not my favourite colour. I'm thinking, that I need to end this relationship, because it's now about money as opposed to actual feelings.

Am I wrong? What would you guys do?
Whoa! After 6 months of dating, I was happy with a stuffed kitty and long romantic talk from the guy I eventually MARRIED! A car...wow... hey Animal, my fav color's purple..

Seriously, I think the gift is pretty enormous and asking for a different color is a lot out of line! I mean I'd have been blown away if I got that huge a present after only 6 months! And to nitpick over the color on that huge a gift... well...eef... not likely! I'd probably have been incredibly grateful and amazed and wondered out loud what the heck my bf would do to top that one on our anniversary! I surely wouldn't have griped about the color!

I guess you've already made up your mind, but if it's any consolation, I agree with those who say- look into your heart and see if you really feel she's just in it for the 'things and money' and not the love and committment. LadyZ's right about one thing for sure- you said she wanted a red convertible and you thought about a gift and remembered that and bought her one. It was incredibly thoughtful and sweet of you! If the gf is complaining about that then you have to wonder what that's all about. Doesn't sound promising.

I think you deserve better, to be honest. But I don't really know your gf, so it's hard to say if dumping her is the right thing to do...still, that's the initial reaction I have from reading your post!

[ 07-06-2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #32
Donut
Jack Burton

It's been said before but I'll say it again!

You bought her a CAR!???
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-07-2004, 10:42 PM   #33
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
It's been said before but I'll say it again!

You bought her a CAR!???
... and what a car!

Old 07-07-2004, 10:55 PM   #34
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Animal Animal Animal.....*sigh I think we know better than that. Well no not really I've done the same lol, though on a not quite a new car scale. Good luck my friend [img]smile.gif[/img] Pauly
Old 07-07-2004, 11:09 PM   #35
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

did I mention I have no car? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 AM   #36
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Whew... sweet car *faints* hehehe whoops. Insane if you complain about it...

but then the girl might be rich too, or is very used to that... sad. But oh well, you'll get over it Animal... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #37
quietman1920

Animal, I envy you. You've just given away more car than I've ever had...or probably ever will. Still, given what it would have cost you in the long run, I have to say that you made the right move.

PS- If you see some older model minivans or SUVs with car seats on the road, try not to laugh.