Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Warlock

My warlock is now lv66, she is intended for farming. I plan to switch her profession to herbing and skinning.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emar&n=Rhonnae

I notice several problems however.

1. My felguard can hardly generate enough threat to hold agro for the entire fight (1 mob). My shadow bolt (sb) generate 1.1k ~ 1.2k threat each bolt if non crit. Upon 2 bolt the said mob will come straight at me and I'll have to drain tank. How to solve this problem?

2. My felguard cannot kill anything by its own. I usually turn off cleave to save its mana, is this the problem? If I didn't help to dps the mob the felguard is attacking, it will die.

3. My felguard takes too much damage from mob. Should I put points into Demonic Resilience ? If I put poins into that talent I won't have point into other talent however.

4. When I do get invited into dungeons, my dps is usually the lowest. How do I improve my dps? Usually I just coe+sb the mobs. Should I try other spells? It's annoying when people keep on posting recount/damage meter after every mob is down and I'm always the lowest of the dpser.

5. My warlock will be 41demo/20dest. Are there any better farming spec? Affliction spec seems bad because curse is slow to tag mob, you can curse the mob but the mob isn't yours yet and other people can steal your mob. Destro seems nice but higher talent of destro seems to caster for fire locks. I find demo is nice because felguard can tag a mob fast thru it's intercept.

Ok, a bit of non warlock q.

6. My rogue is currently enchant/herb. And I've decided to switch to enchant/leatherworking, hence why my warlock will be herb/skinning. Problem is, the epics that is found on tailoring is too enticing. If I make my warlock tailor/herb instead. Is it foolhardy to have leatherworking without skinning?

eg, my warrior needed 8.5k gold to level blacksmithing from 350 to 375 (she has mining but I was too lazy to farm mats at that time). Will leatherworking cost as much?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Warlock

It will cost you a lot to level up LW without skinning. Take it from me!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

When you say cost a lot, roughly how much is that?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Buying all the mats at AH prices, a needless amount of gold. Also a needless amount of time depending on availability of mats since you are relying soley on shopping for them. It can be done though, with the right amount of money.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

At least 2k I'd guess for LW.

Felguards suck, deal with it. Use a Succubus in instances if you want damage impo.

If you want to do well on damage, go affliction, its fine for levelling, and is better than demo.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I wasn't keeping track, but those heavy knothide are expensive on my server.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

60g-80g a stack on mine for Heavy Knothide.

Even low levels like Thick leather can be 20g a stack.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Okay, my rogue has power leveled leatherworking from 1 ~ 375. It costs 2.7k gold. Not bad at all. Quite cheap I might add.

I went ahead and make a Swiftstrike Shoulder for myself and bought a Swiftstrike Bracer from the AH.

Say Memnoch, Can a leatherworker use the Drum of Panic in BG/Arena?

Quote:
Felguards suck, deal with it
After fighting with the felguards in nagrand one would assume that your own felguard would be a powerful as they are. Oh well.

Still, for a farming warlock. Felguard's intercept makes it an ideal farming partner. They sure can tag a mob fast. I already got angry tells from other farmers.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Okay, my rogue has power leveled leatherworking from 1 ~ 375. It costs 2.7k gold. Not bad at all. Quite cheap I might add.

I went ahead and make a Swiftstrike Shoulder for myself and bought a Swiftstrike Bracer from the AH.

Say Memnoch, Can a leatherworker use the Drum of Panic in BG/Arena?
Definitely in BGs, not sure about Arena - I don't think I've tried. I much prefer Drums of Battle though for BGs, it makes your damage and that of people around you go through the roof.

Man you're lucky to get the SS bracer - guessing you bought the recipe? How much did it cost you for the Hearts? Hearts have been dropping in price on my server, they used to cost about 750g each but now they're about 300.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Definitely in BGs, not sure about Arena - I don't think I've tried. I much prefer Drums of Battle though for BGs, it makes your damage and that of people around you go through the roof.

Man you're lucky to get the SS bracer - guessing you bought the recipe? How much did it cost you for the Hearts? Hearts have been dropping in price on my server, they used to cost about 750g each but now they're about 300.
SS bracer patern is a bop. I bought the bracer from AH for about 2.5k gold.

I bought the hearts from the guildbank for about 100g each. The patern for SS shoulder I bought from AH for 450g.