Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Default Different player skins

My friend got this done, he rolled an orc warlock but because he didnt like the look he downloaded some mod which changed his appearance to undead. I've been asking him about it, and so far all i get is "I can't remember where i got it"

Does anyone here know anything about this that would be able to tell me? I wish to change my Troll to Undead.. Though i could just level my 46 undead to 70 and transfer ma troll somewhere else. But that would take effort

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Different player skins

I think your mate's yanking your chain. As far as I know that's against the TOS - I think you'd have to modify the game files and change the texture of your character. Here's what Blizz had to say about it:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....429985&sid=1#7

A legal way you could do it is to skill up Engineering till you can make the Area 52 Dimensional Ripper which ports you to Area 52 in Netherstorm. One of the side effects is that sometimes when you do it it changes the skin of your character for an hour. It's pretty funny - my NE ended up looking like a female Tauren rogue for a while. Funny stuff when you go into a city and people are wondering what the hell you are.

Last edited by Memnoch; 03-18-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

The changes aren't server-side. Ie. to everyone else you're the same old, but to you, you'll look different. Guess it is against the ToS
Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's the Dimensional Ripper info. Engineering is so quirky!

http://thottbot.com/i30542

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's real, I too don't recall the name because IMO it's pointless but I remember people using it. Blizz banned it iirc. But, it is just like how we would insert files into the override folder of NWN's back in the day.

Mods that now seem hack crazy did exist legitimately a few years ago, and were used by tons of people. I remember having mods that would let me inspect other factions, buff a whole party with pally blessings with a click, keep me from going afk while waiting for BG's and make corpse runs back to my body without touching the keyboard. But Blizz cracked down soon enough and those days of click and watch died.