Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Nintendo's Great Idea that apparently the XBOX 360 also has.

Quote:
Nintendo of America has announced it will include a play control system in its next home video game system, code-named Revolution, coming in 2006.

By using a password-controlled setting, adults can decide what flexibility they'll allow younger players to have in playing video games rated E (Everyone), E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older), T (Teen) or M (Mature). The system also ensures that dedicated adult gamers can opt to play without limitations.
Really, I think this is one of the best solutions anyone has offered as of late. Worried about your kids playing games that are bad for them? Set the rating lower.

edited for factual content.

[ 11-21-2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Yeah great idea. Too bad the Xbox already does that
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Does it? They sure don't market it. And which XBox are you talking about?

EDIT: Guess you're right, though you could have specified the 360, rather than just saying "XBOX". I'm curious as to how many E-rated games they have, though...somehow, I don't see that system as even remotely kid-friendly, gamewise. Just my opinion, though. It just seems to mean more coming from Nintendo...and if Microsoft and Nintendo are doing it, Sony has to. And THAT's where it's really needed the most, anyway.

[ 11-21-2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

To be honest, this whole "Violent, addicting video games make people aggressive" thing is botherring me more and more each day. Why can't they leave gamers alone? What next, cd and mp3 players that block out songs with cursing?
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
To be honest, this whole "Violent, addicting video games make people aggressive" thing is botherring me more and more each day. Why can't they leave gamers alone? What next, cd and mp3 players that block out songs with cursing?
Exactly. The kids who are influenced by video games to commit violence (like that one guy who shot a cop or two after playing GTA) shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. What, are they going to try hopping across a busy highway after playing Frogger?
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Can I watch? ???
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Why not just buy a nintendo and be done with it. You don't even need content filters, because all nintendo good games are kiddie games to begin with.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Why not just buy a nintendo and be done with it. You don't even need content filters, because all nintendo good games are kiddie games to begin with.
Ummmmm...ever hear of a little game called Resident Evil? There are a few games for the Game Cube that aren't allowed in my house (wife, not me) but as a whole, I do agree that MOST of the games are structured towards kids.

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #9
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
In Conker's Bad Fur Day for Nintendo 64 there was a scene in which you had to make Conker drink copious amounts of alcohol and piss on some fire imps. Then the imps hide in this large boiler and it starts chasing you. And you have to hit its balls with two bricks.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

^^how the hell does someone from Finland know words like "copious"?

sounds like an ideal game for kids learning fast
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote