Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

While I should have been packing for an upcoming move last night I managed to make my way through level two. I realize most who will read this have long since gone through level two for the first time.

It was significantly more difficult than level one (as I am sure it should be). There were a few fights in which I was constantly dying. The first was against the "Alhoon" (sp?), I had my brain sucked out at least a dozen times b/f finally beating them. I would have searched my gear for something to protect against that particular attack, but most of the time by the time I got my inventory up I was respawning. I am still not quite sure how I beat them. LOL

So, I am making my way north at this point and come across some undead folk with a trapped coffin. Next thing I know I am running around in a state of Fear. LOL I must have traveled through much of the NW portion of level two. It was annoying as hell while watching, in retrospect it was quite humorous.

So when I finally get calmed down and back to normal I wander north and come across another group of Drow led by Nessant (again sp?) I tried apologizing and telling her I would leave...but no, she would have none of that. Anyway, I was able to kill her rather quick...but her Drow Guards kicked the crap out of so many times my head was spinning. I could not hit them at all and would die within seconds. I tried running, but they followed. Finally, I lost them and ended up near Loki and friends. As if I wasn't frustrated enough from the last few encounters now I was fighting the Dragon Bone Golem who also kicked my tail several times. Somehow I managed to get him to leave me alone long enough to get the Gem of Warding quest from Loki. I hightailed it out of there and stopped in time to see the Drow Guards waiting. So here I am thinking I have to get back to the area I was desparately trying to leave to get out of this level...what to do, what to do. Then I remembered I had a Ring of Invisibility. I know it is cheesy, but damn I had been playing for hours and needed to finish the level. LOL So, I crept past all of the Drow Guard and the hordes of spiders and made it back to the room. There I actually found two Gem of Wardings for Loki along with two +8 Drow Icy Longswords! My dual weilding fighter was in business now. Of course I still crept back past everyone. LOL So I made my way back to Loki, was able to unlock the door to Skullport and actually took out the Bone Golem fairly quick this time around. I thought about going and looking for the "secret rooms" Loki told me about but decided sleep was more important. LOL

I think next time I need to look for someone to who is in the same area to play with.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

All I can say is; LOL...Parts of the level sometimes seem out of balance, but if you're careful about what equipment you buy, a lot of that stuff can be avoided, especially the brain sucking, and the fear. At the very least, I would recommend Potions of Clarity. They protect against mind affecting spells.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

If you are struggling against the Dragon Bone Golem just shut him behind the gate, i find he will not open it to chase.

There is an amulet of health that protects against level drain and ability drain. This is very useful and worth buying

Also there is a certain ring available in the yawning portal bedrooms (3rd level) that is a must in offering protection against all sort of nasty things that.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

sounds like a great adventure .

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, been through that level many times but that nasty ol' brain sucking critter gets me quite frequently with my lower level characters, so don't feel bad!

So glad you're enjoying the Undermountain.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Quick question, when logging on do you always start off in the Yawning Portal? When I logged off Monday I was in Skullport and when I got on last night I was in the Yawning Portal again.

Also, did anyone else have trouble scrolling through the weapons Durnan was selling last night? There were like 23 pages and everytime I got to page 7 the game crashed. I was bummed b/c I wanted to see if there were any sweet long swords.

Last night I ended up going back to level 2 for a short time to try and find the hidden doors, but had no luck. When I leveled up I finally took a level of Rogue and put a few points in search (I am now a 13 F and 1 R), I will probably go back at some point. I fully explored Skullport except for the docks which I could noet get into and an area south that was also locked. I then did a portion of level 4 and dealt with what seemed like hunreds of zombies and other undead types. lol I am looking forward to finishing it tonight.

Finally, can anyone give me a clue as to where Moric is on level 2? I would like to add a henchman and he sounds like one that would be useful b/c of lockpicking etc. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
StigTC

It depends on if the server has been reset between the time you logged off and the time you log on again.
The server only remembers the location of players as long as there's still other players online, as soon as it's empty, it resets so that all monsters and quests an be killed/done again.

Durnan does indeed have some sort of bug that causes you to crash when you try to go to page 7 of his weapons inventory (Although I recalled it was page 9).

And you will have very hard time finding Moric on level 2, since he's only there if someone dragged him down there from level 1. [img]smile.gif[/img]
If memory serves, he has a small base if you follow the tunnel north out of the Bugbear/Orc camp on level 1.

[ 08-23-2006, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

LOL, you reminded me just now how I need to lower some of the powers in that area. Yeh, the bone dude is kinda a boss, and is in EFU lore, but I MAY lower his AC a tiny bit so you can hit him a bit better. He has an AC Of like 56. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] crazy for level 2.

Where did you find +8 swords on level 2?!?! whoa.. did some one drop those for you? I know I didn't put +8's on level TWO!

Anyway, AWESOME recounting of your questing! I love reading those from players! Keep em coming!!! (While I am at it, I will add some weapons of 'vs Undead damage' to level 2. They are needed. [img]smile.gif[/img] And balance some things out.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Hmm...I thought when reading about Henchman (via a search) it said Roddybug was on level 1 (I could not find him last night either. lol I looked where you described Moric should be) and that Moric was on level 2.

I found the +8 swords in the area of the Drow you have to go after to help Loki. I found two identical sets of treasure, each containing a Gen of Warding for Loki. Since finding these sword I often will dual weild one of them and a Mace of Disruption +5 or +6 (can't recall which) when fighting undead. So far it has made pretty quick work of them.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Cool stuff! Both of those Henchmen are on level 1.

I'm redoing the Set Mummy Boss area right now, and fixing some stuff. Added some new items to help against Undead near the Skulks too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote