Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-11-2003, 03:17 AM   #1
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I don't have a problem with windowsME. I like to think that i know a little bit about it.. but all in all it worked out just fine. It was like a car with one of those fan belts that screechs loudly at times.. and all in all it was just fine.

Another one i spend a lot of time on is the XP Pro and it is just fine to.. but the amount of space that the patches that are their for it is kind of ridiculous.. you need a bigger hard drive for all those fixes if you want to have space for some games and some other progs.. and that is kind of like a car driving around with one of those tiny emergency tires driving around, you know?

I ride em pretty hard i like to think.. and it has been pretty enjoyable..
Old 01-11-2003, 03:38 AM   #2
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Everyone seems to have XP except me What's so good about it?
Old 01-11-2003, 03:42 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

I don't have it... [img]smile.gif[/img] still running good old win98... mostly because my 4 years old piece of shit of a computer has a very hard time running anything else...
Old 01-11-2003, 04:59 AM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Everyone seems to have XP except me What's so good about it?
Nothing! Kind of like more patches.. and a bubbly blue to task bar.. and a login screen for Users and various user levels that makes it look secure.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:54 AM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Just be forewarned: Soon Longhornw will be here and it will do to Windows what OSX did to Macs... Make them compeltely incompatiable with everything and give them more eye-candy and less functionality...
Old 01-11-2003, 11:22 AM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Make them compeltely incompatiable with everything and give them more eye-candy and less functionality...
Hooray! Exactly what the public wants!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:08 PM   #7
Sio

XP Pro to me is a joke, any business runnign this would be disastorous for sure cause all it does is break down.
My Windows Media Player is totally bust and keeps crashing when I go to play a song, asking me to send them an error report.
Im gonna go back to ME soon, the only bad thing about that been .vxd's breaking up programs.
Will there ever be a totally stable OS? I wouldnt hold my breath for one
Old 01-11-2003, 12:17 PM   #8
Arvon
Unicorn

I just put XP home on this machine and had little problems with it. Of course I can't go back to some of the older games (Unless I want a dual load). The biggest complaint is the very slow shut down. (This isn't a problem). Now size wise it is big, but no big thing with a 60G HD.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 01-11-2003, 02:15 PM   #9
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I think XP is easily the most stable and fastest OS I´ve tried. I´ve had it for three months now and it hasn´t crashed a single time, even though I use my computer every day and install & tweak a lot of software. It takes some time to get used to configuring it, because it´s a very distant cousin to Win9x. A good bet, IMO 9/10. I wouldn´t change back to the blue screen of death known as win98.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:31 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I have Windows ME, and little problems with it. But, then, I don't play around with new software, much.