Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #1
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Really dumb question, but once I get to Brimoch...how do I get back to Ishad N'ha.......going up the ramp by Dragon Spire and jumping down, doesn't leave me any way back over the mountain.........please don't tell me I have to go through the whole blasted mountain whenever I want to go back and forth......don't ask why I go back and forth...it's just the way I like to play...leave some quests undone, go explore all over, go back later and finish them....

I could leave a portal at Ishad, but if I cast another "create portal" for someplace else, even with another character, it cancels out the Ishad one.........."Call to Home" just takes me to the last town I visited.......any helpful hints.....anyone??????
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

You can vanish through the cliff at the ramp. Go as close as possible to the "forest" dividing the Ishad N'Ha and Brimloch Roon areas at the ramp. Orient yourself forward (to the Brimloch Roon area) and a bit to the ramp, and cast Vanish. You will occur in the Brimloch Roon area. It needs a bit of practicizing before you find the right direction and location but when you find them then it always work.

Let us summarize:
1. From Brimloch Roon to Ishad N'Ha - climb the ramp and jump down.
2. From Ishad N'Ha to Brimloch Roon - vanish.

If you cannot vanish then, well, I am afraid that you are doomed to pass the dungeon. If you can Create Portal and Teleport then you can keep a portal at Brimloch Roon gates and teleport there from Ishad N'Ha area. If you do not have the portal then, well ...
Old 05-02-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
jsalsb
Elminster

Hi Again!

You have come upon an issue faced by just about everyone: The Dragon Spire Again?!?! Oh no!

Most find it simplest to leave a portal just on the Brimloch Roon side of the spire. Yes, it cancels out other portals on this map area, but ya gotta pick n' choose, and this is one of the best uses of the portal in this area (perhaps THE best - you decide for yourself).

Then, just as you said, jump off the ramp to get back to Ishad Na.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You could also get sneaky and create a portal inside Dragonspire. Put the portal in the room where you placed the dragon shards, and then when you enter by the rope bridge, just teleport to the other end. That way it doesn't use up your external map portal spot.

Once you get past dragonspire, though, I think there's just one more quest that requires you to go back to Ishad N'ha-ha-ha. Maybe two...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
You could also get sneaky and create a portal inside Dragonspire. Put the portal in the room where you placed the dragon shards, and then when you enter by the rope bridge, just teleport to the other end. That way it doesn't use up your external map portal spot.
Ooooooo...! Good one! Bleedin' obvious! Never would have occurred to me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While portals are limited in W&W - you can make good use of what you can do with them. Bungleau's suggestion makes the best use of putting a portal inside Dragon Spire - if you're pretty much done with the Ishad N'Ha area and aren't worried about your available portals - put one outside the Dragon Spire on the ramp leading down to Brimloch Roon.

You can also stack Stoned Monsters to make yourself a ladder up the side of the mountain to the ramp. That's more fun than going through Dragon Spire again!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ah yes... Stackman's approach Amazing where you can go with a good stack...

*edit* Forgot to mention you can do the same thing in Anephas' Shrine...

[ 05-02-2005, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TO RADEK......Many thanks............casting Vanish next to the forest/ramp works great..got it the first time I tried it thanks to your clear instructions......can now ago back and forth and keep a Portal for some other use....................thanks again...
Old 05-02-2005, 11:39 PM   #9
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Radek........one more thing....how did you figure out the Vanish thing through the mountain....... that is really neat.....Been playing RPG's for over 15 years....figured out a few neat things myself over time, but I would NEVER have thought to do that.............bye
Old 05-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #10
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I'd be willing to bet that Radek used the same approach I use: Casting Vanish randomly throughout the game world & seeing what happens!

You'd be amazed how seldom there are protections against just Vanishing through a door, up a wall, around a booby trap, through a forest, or into other places that you're not supposed to go.

An amazingly useful spell [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 05-03-2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: aleph_null1 ]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote