Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-19-2001, 12:08 AM   #1
maxpower

As the reg posters will probably know I can't get into shurugeon castle so my game has pretty much died...lol. But since this is the case I have done some more exploring around and recently went back to Valai on my return to Ishad h'na I came accross two temple vipers on the east entrance to the town. Is this a bug or has anyone else found temple vipers out side of the serpent temple.

One other thing if I forget the castle and move on could I still get some resonable game play, I relaise I wont be able to finnish the game without the castle, but hell its better then nothing.
Old 01-19-2001, 01:05 PM   #2
Gauleiter

Yes, I've run into Temple Vipers in the wierdest places, mostly out in the open air countryside (and under that name, too, not the renamed ones like Gypetian Asps, etc.).

As for going on without Shurugeon: The only reason to do Shurugeon is to get the Shroud of Elsera so Erathsmedor will open the door to the Mavin room, allowing you to get the sword and go to Brimloch & locales further west.

Without doing Shurugeon you can play up to and through the Dragon Spire, but you won't be able to continue west of the Spire unless you've got someone up high enough in Athletics (like Lvl 10 or 12) that he/she can climb the Dragon Spire, near where Torin is.

So, you can play the Stout Mines, Boogre Caves, and Spire, but none of the third area (unless you can manage to climb the Spire and get there that way).
Old 01-19-2001, 01:32 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Now why can't you get into the castle???

Will have to go looking for your posts, but there must be a way!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 01:48 PM   #4
maxpower

Wyv, if you would like to read my posts the one regarding the castle is named "Ut oh crash problems". This is an on going thing and I have tried everything to resolve it but to no avail.

But hell this sounds ok, Im going to go on with out the castle I have a character high in athletics now so by the time its needed he will be around the 12 mark, at least I can go onwards. Plus I have heard of another weapon that will kill cet a staff or pole I do believe so if I can get that then maybe I could even finnish the game.

The only thing that I thought might hold me back is the fact that I can not fill some of my guild quests so there for I wont be able to move higher in them guilds (cant remember which ones now), although because Ive been on the local rampage for so long now my characters are getting high levels now so maybe I can compensate for the low guild levels..??
Old 01-19-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

max - email me!!

I may have a solution - not to the crashes, but a work around!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 01:51 PM   #6
emilyh
Welcomed New User

I've also run into temple snakes in weird places. Have run into them on the islands in Brimloch Roon. They were called "temple snakes" and not asps or anything else. Oh and a few other critters from Ishad'Na pop up there too, like jungle lilies and nesting spiders and gwylls.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:07 PM   #7
maxpower

So it would seem that temple vipers are well travelled then, does anyone know what the EP of the far flung temple vipers are, to say are they worth more EP than the ones in the temple if that is so it may just be a glich in the game and the naming of these critters. Do they have to same EP as the asps etc...??
Old 01-19-2001, 03:22 PM   #8
emilyh
Welcomed New User

The asps in the Isis temple have more xp, there are some mean ones in there. Don't remember how many xp exactly.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote