Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Default Wasteland 2 first look video

Anyone else back this game on Kickstarter or watching its progress? Looks amazing if you're into the whole top-down rpg game in the spirit of the original Fallout (and I suppose the original Wasteland, storytelling-wise).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvNbu...layer_embedded

Be sure to watch the gameplay footage after the initial flavor stuff, I can't wait to play this game!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Wasteland 2 first look video

I backed it for $250; right now I forget what all I will get when it arrives this October. Oh, yes--an autographed boxed version and 10 digital copies and...a couple of other things that slip my mind.

Yes, I watched the video today--looks amazing! Although I have gotten used to first-person games with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, I cannot tell you how glad I am that W2 will not be first-person.

I am really looking forward to October.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Wasteland 2 first look video

I'm impress, it looks like an improve version of Fallout 1 and 2. I hope I will still remember the game by october.

Azred - $250? Are you serious?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Here's a detailed walkthrough of the Beta version. There are some bugged skills but this looks REALLY sweet!

http://www.twitch.tv/theadrain/b/486738561

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:46 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Oh nice a walkthrough! I got stuck after the radio tower. I got another point on my map but couldn't figure out how to get there through the radiation.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
Oh nice a walkthrough! I got stuck after the radio tower. I got another point on my map but couldn't figure out how to get there through the radiation.
There is a cache containing 7 rad suits in the southwest of the map. Can't give you an exact position but it's west of the Ag center and south of the starting ranger camp.

So either find the suits or just walk thru the radiation - it won't kill you but it does do a fair amount of damage.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well when I tried it I suppose I might have walked 100% linear, but I did end up having guys going down about mid way. :O

I reloaded, went back to the radio tower to lok around, went back to ranger station, grew frustrated and quit.

Did I miss something? I was told to go get some chips and fix radio towers. I repaired the radio with a skill. I found the dead guy. Then as far as I know I did not get any new orders. I did get that new place on the map but no one told me I had to go there, i think. With the radiatio I assumed it was an impassable obstacle.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Well when I tried it I suppose I might have walked 100% linear, but I did end up having guys going down about mid way. :O

I reloaded, went back to the radio tower to look around, went back to ranger station, grew frustrated and quit.

Did I miss something? I was told to go get some chips and fix radio towers. I repaired the radio with a skill. I found the dead guy. Then as far as I know I did not get any new orders. I did get that new place on the map but no one told me I had to go there, i think. With the radiation I assumed it was an impassable obstacle.
That's odd unless they changed the radiation doses. Just to check I watched a few Let's Play video and several people made it across the rad zone without using the radiation suits.

Sounds like something didn't trigger in your game - either that or you missed completing something at the radio tower.

If you did everything at the radio tower, then you should have gotten a radio message that told you there was trouble at both the Ag Center and Highpool. The problem is that you have to choose one place to help. You can go to both places but you'll find you will arrive too late at the second location and the situation there has gotten way out of hand.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well anyway I decided to wait for the release before playing. I don't want to have to restart.

Did you see the email about the new updated inventory, character screen etc.? Seems really nice!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #10
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Well anyway I decided to wait for the release before playing. I don't want to have to restart.

Did you see the email about the new updated inventory, character screen etc.? Seems really nice!
You mean update 43? Yes I just read that. I actually liked the looks of the earlier inventory before they updated it.

This new one is a bit too polished and sparkly for me - I thought the older one fit better
http://i.imgur.com/3YRiXol.jpg