Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default [WotLK] Anyone thought of what build you will be in WotLK?

For my DK I think I might go Unholy, depending on how badly it gets nerfed. Rogue I'm not so sure yet - Assassination looks like the best DPS for raids at the moment, but I'd have to switch to daggers and grind the honour to get the weps, while Combat has good DPS but the 51 point talent is awesome for PvP. Sub doesn't look all that great so far.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: [WotLK] Anyone thought of what build you will be in WotLK?

While mutilate is the new deal at the moment, unless blizzard as change the mechanics, combat sword is still the fastest leveling spec no?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...00000000000000

I'll be combat sword until 2 good daggers drop for me in northrend. Then I'll be looking at mutilate.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

Affliction to level and start raiding, then back to destro.

Warrior will be fury to level prot to raid.

Shammy will be enhance to level then resto to raid.

Rogue will be combat to level, then probably assisnation to raid, combat or subt to pvp.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I've read that you can have dual spec. This is nice as I don't have to pvp in combat anymore. Can switch to combat/mutilate for raid and sub for pvp.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Oh gee i have no clue aye hahaha umm heres what i might have for lvling

Mage prolly frost still, ill pvp with arcane fire or maybe level with it. Seems like great regen.

Warrior i dunno, maybe arms still. I tend to level with pvp specs as im on a pvp server.

shaman ele because its the only gear i have, and tbh i cbfed grinding enhance gear.

rogue - Assasination, as usual. Ive always been a dagger person, love the burst, hated the nerf in BC but i kept with it. Gonna be great pwning ShS nubs who are like "whats a daggor?"

paladin - currently im only in healing gear, but eh.. when wotlk it will be like outlands again. Ret / prot maybe.

Hunter - BM obviously hahaha

Warlock - i havnt really looked into this class, theyre not my favourite. I just leveled one for the sake of it.. But probably affliction again to drain tank

Druid - Feral, low downtime i guess, same as warlock, havnt bothered to look into this class, just lvled it.

Death Knight - I havnt played this class before so i wouldnt have a clue

Priest - shadow. This is like.. the class i hate the most to level haha, but probably shadow.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
I've read that you can have dual spec. This is nice as I don't have to pvp in combat anymore. Can switch to combat/mutilate for raid and sub for pvp.
I think combat is way better than sub for pvp now, after the Shadowstep nerf. Since ShS got nerfed, there is no point in going deep into the Sub tree for PvP now. Shadow Dance? Shlthouse. ShS has lost significant mobility. Is it really worth spending 40 points just to get Sinister Calling?

I say not. The new PvP spec is COMBAT.

Think about it - an extra root/snare breaker (Imp Sprint along with pvp trinket), Blade Twisting for Daze proc. Then you have Unfair Advantage, Nerves of Steel, Vitality (+ energy) and Savage Combat. And for the ultimate finisher, Blade Flurry + Killing Spree for massive burst. (I was doing 4-6K crit damage in the beta at 70 unbuffed). Then AR to mop up the leftovers.

Who cares about Camouflage or Master of Deception or nerfed Shadowstep? COMBAT is the new PvP spec.

This is what I was playing around with at 70 in the beta. You would change it around a bit for pve, but conceptually you can now stay full combat for pve and pvp. Mut still gives you a bigger dps advantage but you would have to swap to daggers for that. Sub is now useless again.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xZrxVbMbxorubgRpx

Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Mem, you didn't put any points into weapon specialization.

Use this spec.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xZMgVb0bxqru0xRtx

I was originally thinking of the mobility problem that combat used to have. However I think that problem is solved as you can have a 3 minute sprint (2 minute if spec endurance, 1 minute if using that major sprint glyph). Also if you add that minor sprint glyph, you can now run above water. haha!

I am loving killing spree a lot. Killing spree = instant kill for 1 mob. If fighting several mob, blade flurry + killing spree. Hmm, perhaps I shall make that a macro. Also, I notice killing spree had that shs effect a bit. I don't need to be exactly next to the mob to "hit" it, I can tele to it.

SS now hits very hard. Add with that major SS glyph and you are seeing some fast incoming finishers.

I love the new energy regeneration rate. My white damage is only 40% now so which mean I'm doing yellow damage a lot.

3 minutes evasion cd? Make that 2 minute if spec endurance

However, I expect Blizzard to buff sub spec sometimes soon. Just like they did during BC. Oh, expect dismantle to be nerfed. With only 1 minute cd it's severely op.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Mem, you didn't put any points into weapon specialization.

Use this spec.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xZMgVb0bxqru0xRtx
You don't need Sword Spec if you are PvPing - you won't be hitting someone 20 times in a row. They or you will be dead before that. The extra swing isn't worth it - better to get Unfair Advantage and Nerves of Steel. Sustained DPS isn't as important in PvP. But if you are raiding, definitely pick Sword Spec. That's why I said that you would tweak this build somewhat for raiding/pve.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah, usually these 2 or 5% modulars are useless for PvP and an absolute waste. A 5% chance in 100 asks for alot of continous hits to justify taking this talent (mind you, it seems to proc alot in PvE - almost more than the listed amount). You most likely would see it proc so little in the heat of PvP, that it you'd forget you ever took it. By the time someone hits you 3 times you are either dead, dying or running away in WSG/arena.

The exception to this are modular proc stuns/snares, as they are CC's and you can never have enough of them in PvP. Even if it is as little as 1% I will always take it. The Mage talent "Impact" is a good example, which has a chance to stun a target with fireball proving invaluable as your target becomes a sitting duck for your next spell. Crippling Poison too even, any rogue with a brain will sacrifice Deadly for Crippling simply because it's a snare/slow.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
You don't need Sword Spec if you are PvPing - you won't be hitting someone 20 times in a row. They or you will be dead before that. The extra swing isn't worth it - better to get Unfair Advantage and Nerves of Steel. Sustained DPS isn't as important in PvP. But if you are raiding, definitely pick Sword Spec. That's why I said that you would tweak this build somewhat for raiding/pve.
No my young grasshopper.

It's called burst damage. or rather a mini one. The extra sword swing that sword specialization gives you. It can crit and it ignore resilience. That's why I say you forgot to put points into a weapon specialization.