Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 08:58 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yeah! ManUtd won 5:0! :Go,go,go!

I just want to say one thing:
Real Madrid-I like the players but i do not like the TEAM. Real has SUCH A POWERFUL TEAM that playing against them is almost pointless.C`mon with Zizou in the miedfiled,Ronnie as an attacker,Carlos is one of the best defenders in the world and he has good free kicks as Becham has them....

I WOULD LOVE to see Barca-Ronnie- but unfortunately no can do...

[ 09-17-2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 09-17-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

But correct me if i'm wrong: didn't they win *one* trophy last season - and even that was a close run thing?
Old 09-17-2003, 11:22 AM   #3
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Xen are you a Man United fan? Good man if you are! Yeah I watched Man United's match last night and it sounds strange although they won 5-0 they didn't play all that well. Really. It wasn't so much Man United playing well Panathanikos were simply terrible! Quinton Fortune played really well I thought though. It's strange Man United played Panathanikos before in the Champions League and they were very good but this time they were terrible. Did you see the match Xen or did you just hear the score? Oh and Xen what do you mean when you say "I would love to see Barca Ronnie but unfortunatly no can do..."

Jerome: Yeah Real Madrid won only the Spanish league last year. They won it on the last day of the season with Real Sociedad finishing second despite them winning on the final day. I'm an avid watcher of Spanish Football I really love it. It was madness Real Madrid sacking Vicente Del Bosque IMO. I thought he did a good job I guess because they failed to win the champions league thats why they sacked him...
Old 09-17-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
Xen are you a Man United fan? Good man if you are! Yeah I watched Man United's match last night and it sounds strange although they won 5-0 they didn't play all that well. Really. It wasn't so much Man United playing well Panathanikos were simply terrible! Quinton Fortune played really well I thought though. It's strange Man United played Panathanikos before in the Champions League and they were very good but this time they were terrible. Did you see the match Xen or did you just hear the score? Oh and Xen what do you mean when you say "I would love to see Barca Ronnie but unfortunatly no can do..."

Jerome: Yeah Real Madrid won only the Spanish league last year. They won it on the last day of the season with Real Sociedad finishing second despite them winning on the final day. I'm an avid watcher of Spanish Football I really love it. It was madness Real Madrid sacking Vicente Del Bosque IMO. I thought he did a good job I guess because they failed to win the champions league thats why they sacked him...
You could say that I am ManUtd fan,yes. Unfortunately i just head the score. Our TV didn`t transfer the game.

About Barca and Ronnie:Ronaldinho is my favourite player and freestyler but Barca also has a good team and it would be quite competitive.

[ 09-17-2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 09-17-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah Ronaldinho is a great player pity he didn't go to Man U. Did you see his goal in the Spanish League against Sevilla! That was some goal! Barca should be fairly competitive this year I'd say but I don't think they'll win the league though... I'd say the best they can hope for is Champions league qualification. They have made some good signings though - Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Marquez, Recber, Luis Garcia.

Man United was shown on TV here so I saw it. I'm a big fan and go to Old Trafford when ever I can afford to. Sky Sports have got coverage of the champions league now in Britain so you can see EVERY GAME. You press this button on your tv controller and you can pick what game you want to watch. So that means you get the choice of every single Champions League game. It's really good
Old 09-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
Yeah Ronaldinho is a great player pity he didn't go to Man U. Did you see his goal in the Spanish League against Sevilla! That was some goal! Barca should be fairly competitive this year I'd say but I don't think they'll win the league though... I'd say the best they can hope for is Champions league qualification. They have made some good signings though - Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Marquez, Recber, Luis Garcia.

Man United was shown on TV here so I saw it. I'm a big fan and go to Old Trafford when ever I can afford to. Sky Sports have got coverage of the champions league now in Britain so you can see EVERY GAME. You press this button on your tv controller and you can pick what game you want to watch. So that means you get the choice of every single Champions League game. It's really good
I didn`t see his magic. [img]smile.gif[/img] Can you try to desribe it?
Old 09-17-2003, 11:55 AM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I'm not great at desriptions but I'll do my best.

He picked the ball up in the left channel about thirty yards out and started running towards goal. He beat about three men and from about 20 yards out smashed the ball towards the top corner. It flew in off the underside of the bar and nestled in the net. GOAL BARCELONA!!!!!

The game finished 1-1 Sevilla were 1-0 up with a Dario Silva penalty.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:42 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Bah.... Manchester Utd ..... Real Madrid.... Ronaldinho.... what a disgusting thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 08:43 AM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Bah.... Manchester Utd ..... Real Madrid.... Ronaldinho.... what a disgusting thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You again!

I think we should ban johnny from participating in threads about football!

Real Madrid is like Chelsea.

They both have big names and aren't afraid to spend. IMO, these so called dream teams don't work; it's like having too much of a good thing.

[ 09-19-2003, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 09-19-2003, 06:02 AM   #10
Shaide
Dungeon Master

Location: Cordoba(andalusia)(spain)(europe)(the world)(the system solar)(the universe)
Real Madrid is a powerfull team thanks the money, 'cause the Florentino Pérez is very rich, and a intelligent business man. I think Real Madrid didn't buy to David Bechkam by the player else by the announcement man that there is inside him. Like Luis Figo or Zidane or Ronaldo. I must say, when Luis Figo went to Real Madrid, this team got a lot of money thanks the t-shirt sale of this man, in the same way got with Zizou or Ronaldo.

Real Madrid isnt a Football Team else announcement football team I think.

Shaide