Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #31
Dramnek_Ulk

[quote]Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
[qb]
Quote:
Well, that would be due to their belief that since all life is sacred in the eyes of god, even while only sperm possibly, contraceptives are killing any possibility for life, which they think is wrong.
It's due to the interpretation of certain parts of the bible.
One of the method by which the Catholic Church controls people is by teaching them that sex is a bad thing. This creates constant guilt and repression in people thus binding them closer to the church, since sex & related things is a fact of life and something most people encounter often.
Contraception chips away at this by allowing sex to be had as a recreational activity, this threatens and undermines an important part of their power strategy I.e. that sex is wicked and should only be performed for procreation.
The opposition to contraception (and therefore Safe Sex) is also Idiocy on a rarely seen scale what with AIDS/HIV and so many other sexually transmitted diseases around nowadays.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
KK I do agree with your last post Cerek. [img]smile.gif[/img] Well I just put that person on ignore finally. I really do hate to be threaten. Anyway,

Dramnek_Ulk I do agree with you last post about the fact that at this point the leaders of the church are concerned about keeping their power. However they do not represent the church in total. I would draw your attention to the fact that after this recent bishops meeting that the bishops here in America which were not there rejected the fact that the proposed changes in church policy would not be retroactive. Prehaps the Roman church will eveolve as did the English church and allow marriage for all it clergy and allow the ordination of women. We shall see.
The Catholic Church is an authoritarian organisation, demanding absolute loyalty to and following of dogma. Under its current rulers no change will be permitted or allowed, It will have to change or die if it wishes to keep it’s place in today’s modern world.

[ 05-08-2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 05-11-2002, 03:21 AM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Can I just say, it is not the Catholic Church's fault, it is the fualt of sick, twisted people who are trusted with children.
I agree completely with this statement, it is the fault of the individual themselves. But it is wrong of the church to try and protect the individuls from the punishment they deserve.[/QUOTE]It’s the Catholic Church itself that is the problem.
It’s out of date, and its powers are waning and it’s culture of secrecy and control freakery over their followers leads to exactly this kind of situation.
All it wants is to hold onto to what power remains to it by any means possible, why do you think it tries to prevent the use of contraceptives?
The Catholic Church will always attempt to hide any evidence of paedophilia since exposing it would shake confidence in the overall structure and reduce its power over people.
It is simply about power and wealth, that is all the Catholic Church seeks. That was one of the reasons why “The Prince” upset them so much long ago.
[/QUOTE]Yet again, Dramnek takes a collection of individuals, personifies them as one collective, and presumes to speak for their motives.

Presuming one persons motives is ridiculous. Presuming millions is laughable.

Pointless arguing with someone who presumes to know the inner motives of others. Such a person knows everything I guess.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-11-2002, 03:25 AM   #33
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
It will have to change or die if it wishes to keep it’s place in today’s modern world.
So speaks Pope Dramnek. I suppose he has an answer for why it continues to grow in number, and for why the Roman Catholic Church continues to change.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:27 AM   #34
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

The opposition to contraception (and therefore Safe Sex) is also Idiocy on a rarely seen scale what with AIDS/HIV and so many other sexually transmitted diseases around nowadays..
Ever heard of monogamy? That's pretty safe sex.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:28 AM   #35
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
. Prehaps the Roman church will eveolve as did the English church and allow marriage for all it clergy and allow the ordination of women. We shall see.
We would hope so.

Old 05-11-2002, 05:35 AM   #36
Moiraine
Anubis

France has got the same kind of pedophilia cases. I would add that they does not all concern priests. It seems that people who are, could we say, sexually ill or umbalanced, are attracted to organizations that allow them to be in close relation with children. That would be priesthood, but also teaching and children care. And in all the cases that have showed up in France, it seems that the related organization (that is, either the Church, or the National Education, or the Nation organization for children care) have reacted the same way until recently, that is : take the offender out of the way and give him a new post somewhere else, and above all avoid scandal. It seems it's only now that people are realizing that it's not a matter of isolated cases, but a serious global problem that has to be dealt with.

Note that I'm not saying here anything against churches or teaching organizations ! Most people wanting to be a priest or a teacher are healthy people wanting to do some good. But I think the churches, as well as the teaching organizations and the organizations for children care, must be aware that the very nature of their trade is likely to attract people for other reasons than the call of God or a teaching vocation, and should detect and refuse such people. Thus, Catholic priests celibacy is probably not the core problem, as civil teachers are allowed to wed, though there are nonetheless pedophilia cases in public teaching as well.

I think that people who can have sex with children, knowing fully that it will ruin the children's lives, are not mentally healthy, and should be detected early and possibly medically treated.

If you look at it that way, what about the appallingly large number of seemingly ordinary people who make trips to countries like Thaïlande so they can have sex with children over there ? Is it that different ?
Old 05-11-2002, 05:46 AM   #37
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
So speaks Pope Dramnek. I suppose he has an answer for why it continues to grow in number, and for why the Roman Catholic Church continues to change.[/QB]
All over the western world the number of priests Recruited is plummeting, and people are flocking away from it. In Ireland, America, Britain and the rest of Europe people are leaving and they are not getting enough new priests, and every year child abuse scandals continue to rock the church.

[ 05-11-2002, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 05-11-2002, 05:47 AM   #38
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Ever heard of monogamy? That's pretty safe sex.[/QB]
That’s a silly thing to say. Even with a monogamous relationship you cannot be sure, some STD’s can still be transmitted by other ways than sex.
Besides some people wish to practise polyamory (which before you rail against it, is perfectly fine as long as all involved are consenting adults) and without safe sex that could be risky.

[ 05-11-2002, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 05-11-2002, 05:52 AM   #39
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Yet again, Dramnek takes a collection of individuals, personifies them as one collective, and presumes to speak for their motives.

Presuming one persons motives is ridiculous. Presuming millions is laughable.

Pointless arguing with someone who presumes to know the inner motives of others. Such a person knows everything I guess.[/QB]
Take a look at your own posts sometime lest you be entitled a hypocrite.

[ 05-11-2002, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 05-11-2002, 07:46 AM   #40
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
quote:
Ever heard of monogamy? That's pretty safe sex.
That’s a silly thing to say. Even with a monogamous relationship you cannot be sure, some STD’s can still be transmitted by other ways than sex.
Besides some people wish to practise polyamory (which before you rail against it, is perfectly fine as long as all involved are consenting adults) and without safe sex that could be risky.[/QB][/QUOTE]Dont forget about masturbation. Its sex with someone you love