Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 11:05 PM   #1
shortround
Welcomed New User

hewlp....

i recently purchase a new PC which comes with windows XP preloaded, and decided to re-install BG2 onto my new PC. importing old chars from my old game in my new PC.

upon starting a new game i discovered that i have been infected with a "dont say a word" bug. basically certain NPC dont say a word to me, depending on what time or day or week. for example currently hendak and bernand isnt talking to me. neither is the halfling black market dealer at the slums.

what to do?
Old 11-15-2001, 11:07 PM   #2
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

you mean - Hendak doesnt have anything to say to you - right?

i had that too , but it went away rigth after i talked to him for the 4th time [img]smile.gif[/img] . sorry i couldnt really help

*WELCOME*
Old 11-15-2001, 11:32 PM   #3
shortround
Welcomed New User

dont say a word as in...

whenever i click on which ever npc to talk to, i get this funny reply which says something like, "xxxx doesnt want to talk, xxxx is busy".

i try initating conversation like 10 times but it dont work. what i find may actually help is if i bugger off somewhere else, as in go to another place on the map and then return, he/she may be responsive to my conversation.

no, my reputation is popoular so it cant be that. i aint ugly either coz i'm a paladin with golden locks(sic)

any other ideas?
Old 11-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #4
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

It´s a known bug with Win2k and WinXP. Download the patch for BG2 and it should be fixed (at least they say it in the patch description).
Old 11-16-2001, 04:06 AM   #5
Kingenigma
The Magister

Hope it did! BG2 has lotsa annoying bugs that just make me explode!!