Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2003, 01:41 PM   #11
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
but you sure are brave getting your tongue done. i heard it hurts. alot. and bleeds like crazy.
It does hurt for like 4 or 5 seconds (it feels like 2 a 3 minutes though) and that is when the needle is inserted (8 cm long, half a mm in wide), when your tongue is pierced they put in the jewelry (the piercing) and then you need to take a sip of something rather distugsting (tastes like ''goldstrike'', 55% liquor and is disgusting) to disinfect any bacteries that may have enterded during the procedure.

About the bleeding, this depends.. on the person that sets the piercing (if he can do it properly) and about the person that is getting piercid (some people bleed much faster then other [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ).. if the piercer hits a blood-nerve your in a lot of fun (I witnissed this a couple of months ago, a girlfriend of mine got pierced in the wrong way), she almost bleeded to death due to a mistake from the piercer (he hit a nerve).

But he... they who wanna get pretty (or rather freaky) must endure pain and agony [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 01:46 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

You sound prepared Annatar, you even did the research so it seems [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #13
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Not in one million billion quadrillion years. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You mean you've scrapped the plans the pierce all the way through your nose? [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 02:09 PM   #14
Annatar
Mephistopheles

My mom made me! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] because she would only let me get pierced if I knew enough about it (the risks and procedure ect..)

So I was well-informed about everything that got anything to do with it, but it wasn't that bad, to be pierced is the first step (and the quickest) but the week after it... is hell if your fond of non-liquid food [img]smile.gif[/img]

It took me a week to get myself on a normal diet again (You do not want to know how much ice, yogi and baby feeding I ate in that week ), don't even start about the drooling [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] you must endure due to the fact your tongue increases in size (like 2 a 3 times bigger then your normal size tongue )

But hey I now got it like a year and I don't have any regrets about it (though I wouldn't do it again)
Old 04-20-2003, 02:18 PM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

And another reason why I wouldn't get a piercing, but honestly I think nipple piercings would hurt most of all, because what if you got it hooked on something? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] That and the fact about a tongue piercing, I don't look forward to eating my food after putting it in a blender [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
You mean you've scrapped the plans t[o?] pierce all the way through your nose? [img]redface.gif[/img]
I've never even heard of that, much less contemplated it. I did contemplate having a foul anchor tatooed on my forearm, but after all that booze, I didn't have enough money. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 02:27 PM   #17
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Watch out when you get a tattoo though, a cruel friend might throw whiskey on it [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 04-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

Well I do have earrings but that´s all. 3 in both ears although I only use two of them (two in each ear that is). I usually wear two small golden rings in each ear.

*cough* And I do have a tattoo. A small yin-yang sign on my right shoulder. Did I disappoint you all? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Well I do have earrings but that´s all. 3 in both ears although I only use two of them (two in each ear that is). I usually wear two small golden rings in each ear.

*cough* And I do have a tattoo. A small yin-yang sign on my right shoulder. Did I disappoint you all? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kinda, i thought you had a big red dragon on your chest.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:30 PM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Funny, I was about to post exactly the same as Johnny, except for the word "chest."