Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-08-2000, 02:14 PM   #1
Tortulho

I know that cheating is ugly... but anyone knows a way to get more than the 3 uses allowed?

Thanks in advance...

P.S.: No matter what I try, I always get "connection timed out" when I try to search the forum. Is it just me or is there anyone also that also complains about the same?

Johnnie
Old 12-08-2000, 02:41 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

My foggy memory seems to remember someone saying something about dropping the lamp and having another character pick it up. Or maybe it was passing the lamp from character to character in mid wish. Think the max number of wishes attained was 12 but, as I mentioned, my memory is foggy. I've got two lamps now (my second game) and I still keep forgetting to use them!

I've not had any troubles using the search, maybe you can try to narrow your search to just subject in the W&W forum??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2000, 04:08 PM   #3
Tortulho

Thanks!!!

I'll give it a try... but since I already used it twice, I doubt I will be able to cheat the game....
Old 04-02-2001, 06:45 PM   #4
nseads
Welcomed New User

---*** HUGE SPOILER ***---

I tried this out just to see if it could be done ... and it actually does.

1) Have a mule character (or least desired character) use the lamp on him/herself.
2) As soon as the genie appears, drop the lamp on the ground.
3) Click on the character who you wish to receive the wish, before genie finishes speaking.
4) When the genie finishes speaking, choose your wish (you may request any wish unlimited times per character).
5) After the genie fades, have the mule character pick up the lamp, and re-use on self.

I did this post patch, and was able to raise party stats (except for lamp-user) to 24, and grant Arm of Argus, and give unlimited wards, armor, swords. It could be used for a slush fund, since the armor & sword sell for 20K plus. If you want to see your level 13 warlock meleeing for 20+ with the wizards dagger, this is certainly a shortcut.
nseads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:34 PM   #5
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, I'm afraid you can do a lot more than 12 wishes - it does get boring though!
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:25 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

You can find a lot about the use of the lamp here: http://www.seastop.com/wwhints.htm
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 10:33 PM   #7
Moni

Pushing this back to page one

Moni

(I wonder if it will show up in a search now?)