Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-09-2001, 08:08 PM   #111
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Ramon! Oooooh ! You are full of yourself today, my friend! Humph...batteries, indeed! Everyone knows I'm solar powered....

CB

It is easy to see here, why men have such a hard time trying to understand women ! I defend her, even call her an invaluable gift to the world and she starts bitching about some, uh, minor detail !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-09-2001, 08:11 PM   #112
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
It is easy to see here, why men have such a hard time trying to understand women ! I defend her, even call her an invaluable gift to the world and she starts bitching about some, uh, minor detail !
HEEHEE...minor details are a woman's specialty, Ramon, my dear! And here , thanks for the defense and lovely compliment....I'm still a Yank, though...so I dunno if you want to be associated with me. Seems this is a Yank bashing thread

Cloud9

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 08:23 PM   #113
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

But there is also something Germans and Americans or Australians have in common when it comes to their identity: their collectively "felt" national identity is the one in their passport, something which is not true for large segments of the populations of Catalunya, The Basque Country, possibly even Scotland and ... well the list of regions I could add here is almost endless. So obviously that correlation is not as normal as it might appear to us.

Very true. I feel that my primary affinity is to Scotland. I am a Scot. Unfortunately, being a Scot is a cultural / national trait, which at present is not really reflected in the political makeup of the U.K.

However,this feeling of national identity does not in any way give me an innate superiority to any other race, creed or colour. Neither does it entitle me to whinge on endlessly about how I am an oppressed culture.

It does however make me very happy

------------------
Regards

Mouse