Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Absynthe's post reminded me that we use Benadryl cream (over the counter product) for all sorts of things like bee stings and bug bites.. bet it works great on chickenpox!

But I bet the more you think about not scratching, the harder it gets! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Better get a movie ready to distract yourself! LOL
Old 12-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #32
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol, good luck with that one ') you will likely need it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #33
Sigmar
Unicorn

My advice. Cold showers, at half-hour intervals.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #34
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, atm i'm pouring cold water over my head at half-hour intervals, which helps, but it realy is unpleasant. But a cold shower? That has to be horrible, but if it gets me through this, then i'll take it!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #35
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hey I have an idea..
Why dont you peel off all of your skin? It would get rid of the problem, just do it in a place with good drainage though [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #36
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL that idea i like nice one [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #37
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Well, atm i'm pouring cold water over my head at half-hour intervals, which helps, but it realy is unpleasant. But a cold shower? That has to be horrible, but if it gets me through this, then i'll take it!
Considering that I was covered in about more layers of Camoline lotion than a honey roasted ham, and still itched, I'm of the opinion that the only thing that will reduce the itching/swelling are regular cold showers *not ice cold, but less than "warm"*.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #38
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well if you treasure your skin as much as I do, you could always chop off the fingers
Old 12-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #39
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, when i get majorly annoyed with the ones on my back and front, i guess i'll take your advice, Sigmar. The cold water *REALY* helps my head, so i think i deffinatly will take cold showers. I'll need to pluck up the courage to face the freeze though...
Old 12-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #40
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hmmm, the only serious advice I can think of is using Aloe vera.... I think thats what my mum used when I had them.
it really stopped the scratching cravings.
I would ask her but its 4:00AM, and I doubt she would appreciate me waking her, or ,y dad [img]tongue.gif[/img]