Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-07-2004, 09:53 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Bozo of Bones- LOL nah, you didn't go too far.. you went just far enough.. that fuzzy little cushion image is pretty cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stormymystic and Lady Sedai, you both had the beautiful ice moments. [img]smile.gif[/img] I like those too. Last year was the first time my husband saw trees coated in ice and he was amazed. I think he had a few of those 'quite moments' looking out at the world encased in ice. It was pretty wonderful when the sun hit the trees and they sparkled like diamonds.

Teehee, SomeGuy, I can just picture you in the snow, waiting for a flake to catch on your tongue. Nice moment!

Sigmar! I used to love sitting on the beach in Maine, near a lighthouse. Nothing like the ocean coming up against the rocks and the breezes to make one think about their life and bigger things.

Hippy talk! LOL *thwaps General Nosaj*

Aww Callum, try contemplating a leaf or the way the spokes on your bicycle wheel go round sometime, it's pretty nifty!

Dplax and Variol.. LOL bad spammers!

[ 12-07-2004, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 12-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #22
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Snow and ice form some of my favorite scenes. I love the sight when you finally break out of the house after a heavy snowfall, only to find the ground covered with pure white snow and small snow-topped icicles hanging from every tree and branch...

One of my favorite stretches of road is in the upper peninsula of Michigan, at the northernmost tip of the Keewenaw peninsula. There are two roads up there, and I like to think that one goes in, and the other goes out. When you drive there, the trees grow over the road so you're driving in a small tunnel, with nothing else around except for Mother Nature... and you're not sure she's there, either. Peaceful...

On that same trip, I went to a small creek and climbed it back to its source. That was calming and peaceful as well, as I tried to figure out how to walk through these rocky water-carved passages to get to the beginning without going for a swim. As I recall, I succeeded...

*sits back, closes eyes, meditates...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #23
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ah. These are great moments. I get them when I am playing music in a concert, I love the feeling. Got one coming up on Friday-great!

Also, I usually just take myself on a long walk, on a crisp day, usually at night or when the sun is setting. This is when I contemplate all these things.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #24
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Stormymystic and Lady Sedai, you both had the beautiful ice moments. [img]smile.gif[/img] I like those too. Last year was the first time my husband saw trees coated in ice and he was amazed. I think he had a few of those 'quite moments' looking out at the world encased in ice. It was pretty wonderful when the sun hit the trees and they sparkled like diamonds.
the only difference with us is the times [img]smile.gif[/img] I prefer moonlight to me it is more peacful.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #25
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Mm, these moments are great, but don't happen often enough. I suppose that's a good thing, as we don't want to become tired of them.

One thing I love most is playing with my two cats in our garden when it's been snowing. They just frolick and pounce around, leaving little paw prints behind them... awww... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and smelling dough is also very special. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2004, 11:02 PM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I know exactly what you mean Cloudy.

A Merry Christmas to all... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 10:58 AM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

And to you, too Bahamut! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jaradu, I can just see the little pawprints and very white cats shaking snow off themselves! LOL