Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-11-2003, 07:55 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Can you enlight me about enchanting? I'm a fighter/rogue type so my enchantment skill is low. You make enchantments by yourself or other persons make these enchantmens for a cost? If so, high enchantment skill is necessary? It's a worthwhile skill? Thanks
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

if your enchantment skill is too low, you ought to go to npc that can enhcant item for you for a price.

thus, it's a useless skill. IMO.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Can you enlight me about enchanting? I'm a fighter/rogue type so my enchantment skill is low. You make enchantments by yourself or other persons make these enchantmens for a cost? If so, high enchantment skill is necessary? It's a worthwhile skill? Thanks
The enchantments you buy from vendors (with you providing the soul gems - with souls- and whatever item you wanted enchanted) are 100% successful in the making. When you use your Enchant skill and do them yourself, it may be unsuccesful if your Enchant skill is low, in which case your soul gem is destroyed. Owie! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The higher the value of the soul gem (and the more powerful), the more likely you are to be unsuccessful at enchanting items at lower levels and lose that grand soul gem you worked so hard to get a golden saint trapped in.

So my advice would be this: if you're a magical character it's worth it. Otherwise, just have an enchanter do it for you. It's expensive, but it never fails.

[ 02-11-2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you Kakero. It's useless skill too in my opinion.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 02-11-2003, 10:48 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Rhea, I'm a little bit confused. I'm creating a fighter/rogue type character. I dont like to bother with both alchemy, conjuration, enchantment, destruction and such. Only restoration sounds fine because it's simple, easy to increase and helpful. But this soul gem thing you talk about. I heard that I need "MYSTICISM" skill to do it. Should I get this skill to trap souls in soul gems? Being unable to enchant your own items is a big penalty? I mean I better give mystism a chance?

Maybe I better take alteration too? What do you say?
Old 02-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

soul gems is useless without souls in them. to "put" souls into soul gems you need Soul Trap spell. don't bother with mysticism in major or minor, just put it into misc skill and train them when you have the opportunity.

why? the reason is you only need to bother getting Grand Soul Gems and trapping Golden Saints into them. so you will use the soul trap spell once in a blue moon.

thus, don't go enchant items left and right. you can get some marvellous items during your adventure.

[ 02-11-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:13 PM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm. I need MYSTICISM for soul trap spell right? Yes I can put it in misc too but I'm afraid I may miss some cool mysticism spells too! My character is fighter/rogue type I'm undecided about magic part. Maybe I better get 3 magic skills restoration, alteration, mystisicm? I heard that with a mysticism spell you can teleport. Wow! it's fantastic. Hope it will be useful even with my 30 spell points [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 02-11-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Hmmm. I need MYSTICISM for soul trap spell right? Yes I can put it in misc too but I'm afraid I may miss some cool mysticism spells too! My character is fighter/rogue type I'm undecided about magic part. Maybe I better get 3 magic skills restoration, alteration, mystisicm? I heard that with a mysticism spell you can teleport. Wow! it's fantastic. Hope it will be useful even with my 30 spell points [img]smile.gif[/img] )
The teleport spells are my favorites in the whole game [img]smile.gif[/img] Recall/Mark will cost 18 Magicka, both interventions 8.
But forget it to cast these spells with low mysticism skill levels. My Dunmer Nightblade by now has a skill level of 44 and can cast Mark/Recall with 100% sucess. So, you can imagine, which chance you have with skill level 5 or 10.

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

You really encouraged my wizard side Chris! You're right, Morrowind is not AD&D, you can cast spells while wearing armor. So why not a little bit magic? I'll dump some of my skills and will get magic skills.

MAJOR AND MINOR SKILLS

1-Armorer (I love this skill, reparing is very funny and useful plus there's no blacksmith in depthness of a dungeon)

2-Block (Block prevents full damage, it's easy to increase, very cool)

3-Speechcraft (I like it)

4-Marksman (for flying creatures and ranged combat)

5-Longblade (cool)

6-Restoration (easy to increase, moreover healing is useful)

7-Heavy Armor (Full plate and packing steel!!)

8-Alteration (easy to increase plus levitation, lock etc are a must!)

9-Mystisicm (it's very hard to type it correctly was it mysticism? well whatever teleportation telekiness cool again)

10-Security (lots of trap and locks)
Old 02-12-2003, 08:05 AM   #10
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:

1-Armorer (I love this skill, reparing is very funny and useful plus there's no blacksmith in depthness of a dungeon)
Why waste a major skill on this? Get it misc, you needn't be that proficient to succesfully repair items, and hammers come really cheap.ů

Get sneak instead, or if you want a major leveler, get mercantilism (bugged as it may be, it's really useful)