Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
TAOWolf
White Dragon

okay, this is a continuation of the first "Tavern by the Creek"

All are welcome, just write yourself in, but try to at least read some of the old thread to know what is and has been going on.....
you are welcome to stay at the tavern, or adventure out and beyond

To get you up to date:

Goblins attacked the tavern, and were destroyed by a handful of wanderers in the tavern. Neb has disappeared into the forest, going slightly mad, after the trance. Shadowhound is who knows where *L*, and the crazy wizard disappeared on cue, as usual [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ......
An unusual scream was heard, and to those that have seen the prophecies know what it means. A huge storm has blown into the canyon and KayLisa and Cyril have disappeared into the storm......

Here we go!!

Happy Adventuring!

and OH yes....please try to leave the signatures at the door, please.....they seem to slow down some peoples comps!!
Thanks!!
[img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img]

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
Tiamat
Banned User

Tianul, a dark sorceror on a shadow steed asks in a shadowy voice: You Need Help? Follow me!
Old 02-19-2002, 08:45 PM   #3
TAOWolf
White Dragon

THESE ARE THE LAST TWO POSTS FROM THE FIRST THREAD---------

Cyril DarkCloud
The winds had begun building even before her cry had faded into mournful echoes. He has gathered her belongings and moves swiftly to where she sits beside the window. The winds carry her whispered speech to his ears as he reaches down with no hesitation, taking her ungloved hand in his own ** he will not be affected by her touch while in this state**. He closes her fingers over the locket, speaking in a whisper that is impossibly clear, “Keep it safe while we travel.” The winds surround her as he lifts her to her feet, never loosening his hold upon her hand. He speaks softly in the ancient dialect of his people and the building shakes in the screaming of the wind. The wall around the window explodes outward. Dropping her hand, he stretches his arm around her, pulling her close to himself. “Your storms it seems, have called to mine,” he whispers and steps forward, taking her with him out of the building and into the storm.

KayLisa

She closes her fingers around the locket, wordlessly, and startles at first when he grabs her hand....~the power is not affecting him...what does that mean?~ she grasps his hand back. ~It has been a long, long time, since she has felt the touch of another with her hand, and savors the moment~ She stares as the wall explodes outward, her eyes now completely silver from the storms, and as he puts his arm around her, she hides her face in his chest as she hears his whisper......"So it seems.." She hides her smile on his chest, and steps with him out into the storm, trusting him completely.............
Old 02-19-2002, 09:46 PM   #4
Tiamat
Banned User

With a dark energy shield, the fire salamander Byrnral, walks through the storm as if it was a summer day...... Armed with a long spear that could channel dark and fire energies...... Byrnral is ready for everything..........
Old 02-20-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

“To live is to move,” he whispers and the words arrive at her ears from several directions, as if each syllable was borne by its own current of air. “And nothing moves with the freedom of wind. And no wind moves with so much force as that of the storm.” He looks at her as they stand suspended in the wind well above the roof of the tavern where they had first exchanged names. The clouds have opened and a heavy rain begins to fall. He smiles into her eyes, his face displaying genuine delight at the massing of thunderheads in the distance. The intensity in his voice increases with the force of the winds, “And life is lived fully when it is lived with one’s face to the storm.”

They move, then, walking, if that is the proper word, within the wind itself. His movements flow into those of the wind with a relaxed gracefulness. “There is no controlling the wind,” he whispers, “one is embraced by its swiftness and moves.” The swiftness of the wind carries them to a rocky outcropping in the hills beneath the massing storm clouds.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:21 AM   #6
TAOWolf
White Dragon

She raises her head, and looks around, imbibing in the wildness of the wind and the brewing storms, and looks up at him, smiling as he speaks to her. ~I have directed the wind to a degree, but this.....this is beauty unimagined~she hangs on tight to him, enjoying the warmth of his body, and walks with him to the rocky outcrop. ~Unnoticed by her, her eyes have changed. They are no longer silver or amber, but have taken on a soft glowing purple color~. She is reluctant to let him go, and softly keeps her arms around him, as she looks at the area.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]

Old 02-20-2002, 12:51 AM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

“Only two others have walked the winds with me,” he says softly. He lightly brushes her hair away from her eyes, silently marking the shift in their color. Turning his face toward the rain, he breathes deeply and wraps both arms around her. He feels the rhythm of her breathing – strangely in time with his own – tightens his embrace and stands with her, content not to move.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]

Old 02-20-2002, 12:59 AM   #8
TAOWolf
White Dragon

She sighs, listening to him and the joy in his voice. Whether he realizes it or not, his emotions are written on his face. This is the calmest and surest of himself she has seen, and gladly looks into his eyes as he brushes the hair away from hers. She feels an intense emotion, one she hasn't felt in a long, long time. As he turns towards the rain, wrapping his arms around her, she turns in his embrace and faces the rain too, letting it softly soak her face and hair, holding his arms around her tight. ~she closes her eyes and leans back into him, letting the rain wash gently over her face~

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]

Old 02-20-2002, 11:14 AM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb knocked on the door of the tower and clutched at his aching head, it had taken him three days to get here and his sleep had been full of nightmares, also, he was beginning to have a hard time discerning which of his memories were actually his....

The door was opened by an elf, dressed in casual, though fine, clothing, the elf invited the human psionic inside and they proceeded in silence to the second floor of the tower.

Every wall of the room was covered with bookcases and in one corner there was a fireplace, Neb looked briefly out of a window in one wall which showed a view of the forest in which the tower lay before he sat down in a comfortable chair in the middle of the room.

The Elf sat down in the chair opposite him and Neb explained his problem, the Elf listened and when the human was done speaking he considered the problem for a while before he spoke.

"This is an unusual problem my old friend, and I do not know if I can aid you, psychic surgery might work, but it might not, will you allow me to try it?"

Neb nodded and the Elf stood up and walked over behind him, then placed his hands on Neb's head, both of them were instantly locked in a trance as the Elf penetrated Neb's mind seeking the source of the damage to the human's memories and brain so that he might fix it.

After an hour of being in a trance the Elf removed his hands and said to Neb, "I believe that I can fix it, but it would require me to seal away your psionic skills, they're tied in with the memories that are slowly changing your mind."

Neb politely declined, "In that case," said the Elf, "I fear that I cannot allow you to leave, you're going to be a danger to anyone you get near as your mind is corrupted."

Neb stood and quietly drew his two-handed Great Scimitar, the Elf held out his hand, concentrated, and a blade materialized in his, apparently made of pure psychic energy.

The fight between the two was over in seconds with the Elf's head rolling on the floor, Neb looked sorrowfully at the Elf's dead body, having to kill a friend was always hard.

Now he had to avenge himself on that woman, she was the cause of this... Either she would have some way of curing him, or he would kill her on the off chance that that was the cure, though mainly because he was rather angry at her for having an effect on his mind.

As the Psionic walked out of the tower's front door his headache intensified and the changes began to take effect....
Old 02-20-2002, 03:43 PM   #10
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Cyril and KayLisa
The storm will last a while, and since neither of them seems in any hurry to move, we'll leave them to enjoy the moment ....

.... Meanwhile back at the tavern there's quite a mess to clean up....

Bartleby
The bartender stands in the room, his face flushed and shaken. Turning to Maria, he begins to bluster, “It was the two ‘em, ye say? That one with the pretty smile and that grim bastard with the burns? I knowed he was trouble .... right when he stumbled in here t’other night, the bastard .... there’s trouble over there in the doorway I says to meself .....”

“You did nothing of the kind! You said, ‘AH! here’s another handful of coin for me coffers!’” She laughs, gently mocking his bluster.

“Ack! be that however it may, woman, what am I to be doin’ about the room? For the love of whatever god ye be lovin’, why in blazes would they be needin’ to go and do that? ..... And after all the shoutin’, and the bangin’, and the.... the .... and the I don’t rightly know what the hell else!” He throws up his arms and stomps around the room. “Blowin’ out me walls!! T’isn’t just a few scratches on the furniture, woman – why half the furniture’s out on me lawn! ‘Tis the very walls of the building! Tell me, woman, why couldn’t they just be using the door like normal folk? Why did they need to be stormin’ and blowin’ and breakin’ down me walls?” He bangs his foot on the floor.

Her face red with suppressed laughter, she teases him, “Well ......”

“Out with it, woman!”

“...... he did mention something about the room being a bit on the small side.”

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]

Closed Thread