Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-04-2001, 06:51 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I finnished the game once again and this time it took 18 days (game time). I played a neutral evil fighter/mage/thief solo. He ended up at level 16/15/19, and it was very easy to defeat the monsters in the end. If I hadn't removed xcap, he would have ended up on level 11/12/14, which he already had before he went to Spellhold.

The first thing I did when I got out of the dungeon was to get the Tuigan bow and the boot of speeds, which means I had to do some sidequests in the beginning. When el_kalkylus finally was equipped with the boot of speeds I went to the big monsters, starting with the twisted rune, followed by Kangaxx, then the Cowled wizards, and then the Koshi-group (Celestial fury). I had to get the flail of ages too, so I did a little trip to Nalias castle. These were all the equipment I needed, so I didn't do anymore sidequests. I tried to be as quick as possible, so I killed Adalon for example to get out of underdark as quick as possible. Shortly after I was in Suldanessar, and now I have finnished the game.

There was a lot of backstabbing in this game, and in comparison to a kensai/thief he didn't come near those backstabs, but with the girdle of frost giant strength, he was quite alright.

What made this game easy was because he was a fighter/mage/thief. Since he had some mage-skills, he was able to use robe of vecna, use wands, and use scrolls which made this game a whole lot easier/faster. I think I used all of the "protection from undead"-scrolls in the game, they are really great.

Believe it or not, but with the proper equipment and spells, I was able to get his AC down to -20. Drizzt and his little gang were no problems at all (with a little help from Mordenkains sword-spell). In the final battle, I just boosted him up, and had two scrolls of Simalcurum, and two Time stop scrolls ready, so I didn't take much hits.

This was fun, and it didn't take that long either (whew, but writing all this did though).
Old 03-04-2001, 06:55 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

El_kalkylus, congrads ... looks like your "little" project is an outstanding success!

P.S. So, did you end up using Shadowkeeper to bring back Dace's hand?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 08:02 PM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks, it is a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

P.s. Yes, I had to use the shadowkeeper. It had to be done.
Old 03-04-2001, 08:11 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

must be fun, huh?

i could almost image:

backstab, cast invisible, backstab, cast invisible...

tough job, kid.

little spoil:

you can get a -23AC for swashbulker/fighter with out any spells/potions
Old 03-04-2001, 08:14 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by el_kalkylus:
Thanks, it is a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

P.s. Yes, I had to use the shadowkeeper. It had to be done.
i know people play their own ways, but i just have to say this once for all: whats the point of using shadowkeeper?

Old 03-04-2001, 08:18 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

In El_kalkylus' defense, I do believe he "overkilled" Dace and therefore was not able to get his "hand". If he did kill Dace legitly, I don't see any problem in remedying the problem.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 08:19 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
In El_kalkylus' defense, I do believe he "overkilled" Dace and therefore was not able to get his "hand". If he did kill Dace legitly, I don't see any problem in remedying the problem.

ok
Old 03-04-2001, 08:21 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:

what is the deal with Dace's hand anyway? I never crossed/needed such an item.
Old 03-04-2001, 08:21 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 08:23 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Dace is the vampire in the Asylum dungeon, you need the kobold crystal and his hand to open the main door to the next level.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!