Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
ryaldin
Elminster

I'm looking for information on how NWN and the two expansions operate (I recently purchased NWN platinum). Things are a bit different that the last Bioware game I dinked around with. I don't need a walkthrough, or hints on how to do [insert simple/frustratingly difficult task here], but rather just some info on how the game functions, you know, all of those important things that they happen to leave out of the bundled information.
thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

well... do you need more info about the new interface or the new rules? both of these have changed from the other bioware games. did you play IWD2 wich also uses the new rules but the old engine?

the best way to learn the basics is the prologue which is an excellent tutorial. reading the manual wont hurt either.
for more details, you can try the nwn section of ironworks here http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/neverwinter/index.shtml or the sites www.planetneverwinter.com and http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwinternights/
Old 09-25-2005, 04:42 AM   #3
Ale_beer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Depends on what info you are after, sounds like you dont want spoliers either. Biggest change for me was the lack of any party, they give you just one henchman to use in the original OC.
Ale_beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Something else you may want to check on is if (inside the original campaign) you can alter your henchman's inventory. If you still cannot, you will want to download a program from the NeverWinter Vault (http://nwvault.ign.com if I am not mistaken) by Tony K (I think) which will allow you to go into the inventory of your henchmen. Just do a search on henchmen and the program is guaranteed to show up. I believe it hit Hall Of Fame status a long time ago, so it ought be a snap to find. As well, the program can actually make your henchmen smarter... and if you really want, it'll make your opponents smarter, faster, and more talented. (the revised edition of the program also possesses the AI package, the familiars package, and the revised henchmen package).
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote