Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 09:36 PM   #1
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

I cant get into the sunken city because i drown too quickly, i dont have the breath of air spell, is there any item i can use for water breathing and where do i get it, thanks in Advance.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:46 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Whoa! This is a new one. Most people knew about the Underwater Gear. Don't worry though. I'm here to help. You have to find and kill 3 Crab O' the Sea's and get a Conch Shell. Bring 3 of them back to the Shipyard guy (whatever his name is, not important), and he will have the gear available to buy. I think the air tanks cost 3000, and the head gear costs 2000. For every 3 conch shells, he makes 2 sets.

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:47 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

FanPyre, you need underwater breathers. Talk to Brimley at the shipyard back in Brimloch Roon. He'll send you on a quest to get conch (crab) shells. Bring back 3 shells and he'll make 1 breather for you. (Some people have actually gotten 2 breathers out of him off of one quest, but that's rare). You can find crabs most plentifully around Skull Island, right outside Brimloch Roon, and along the eastern coast. Use Spirit Eye or have a character who is skilled in Scout look for them. As soon as you get the message, dive and start looking around. Not all crabs drop shells, so if you have a character good in pickpocket, have him/her attempt to "pick" the shells off of the crabs.

Once you get enough breathers to equip whoever you want to send in to Collasium, you can go in. Breath of Air does help, though...even with breathers, you can still drown in Collasium...it just takes longer. There are air pockets throughout the city. Note where they are.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:32 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Another option you have here is not to take your whole party to the underwater city. Many players have gone down with just a few, leaving the rest in the Inn back in Brimloch Roon. I would advise only using this option if you have the spells: Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home - so when you are done with the wet city you can gather up the rest of your party.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote