Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Wow Your Next RPG should be The Witcher -- NEW SCREENSHOTS!

I have been watching the development of this game for like, five years now. It uses the Neverwinter ONE aurora engine--which has been TOTALLY upgraded to look better than Bioshock even. But it's the ROLEPLAYING aspect that looks amazing--Fallout 1 amazing.

http://www.thewitcher.com/

They are getting ready for release soon! I may have to make a Forum for this killer Game. It will also come with an editor. So mods are going to be made too.
Bioware has just publicly said they recommend the game--It won best of show at E3 for RPG's. IGN and Gamespot are raving about it, and say its one of 2007's most anticipated RPG Games!
I've been talking about it for a few years in the Misc. Games forum, but I wanted to post this HERE, so more of you see it. THIS could be what Neverwinter Nights was SUPPOSED to be.

The only 'down' side is you don't get to make a character or have a party. BUT, with the editor, and mods, I think that could change!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Default Re: Your Next RPG should be The Witcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
It won best of show at E3 for RPG's. IGN and Gamespot are raving about it, and say its one of 2007's most anticipated RPG Games!
So... this kind of discredits the whole best RPG since Fallout1 thing... IGN and Gamespot haven't been exactly fair about most games for the past years. Bioshock 9 or 10/10? Oblivion 9/10? I don't think so...

On the other hand, the developers have been stressing the choice&consequence thing, which is kind of a rarety. I wouldn't be surprised it was wasn't very deep and dissappointing though.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Not only does it look interesting, it's going to give a black eye to the NWN2 Engine.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Re: Your Next RPG should be The Witcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrKASperov View Post
So... this kind of discredits the whole best RPG since Fallout1 thing... IGN and Gamespot haven't been exactly fair about most games for the past years. Bioshock 9 or 10/10? Oblivion 9/10? I don't think so...

On the other hand, the developers have been stressing the choice&consequence thing, which is kind of a rarity. I wouldn't be surprised it was wasn't very deep and disappointing though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Gamespot and IGN are up in the publishers asses, and give reviews for $$ pretty much (Ad sales).. Remember when Computer Gaming World was young, and Scorpia was dead honest about games? I miss those days.

The current trend in the USA is 'release the game' then find bugs. I've noticed Eurogaming companies have been polishing their games up more lately. This game HAS been in the works for 5 years, so you know they poured their hearts into it, to make it right. (We hope)

Seeing 'Atari' as the publisher is a bit of a downer though. They are known for pushing out KNOWN bugged games and not giving to craps about it. I believe the witcher will be an exception though. CD Projekt is a VERY good game studio.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

If they add SecuROM to the mix, as with NWN 2, they will have more disappointed gamers out there. Almost a full year after release of NWN 2, and there are still people that are locked out of NWN 2.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

My Next RPG? Hmm..I still got some other rpg that I haven't play yet.....

Quote:
The only 'down' side is you don't get to make a character or have a party. BUT, with the editor, and mods, I think that could change!
I don't get to make my own character? Already this doesn't sound like my Next RPG.

Last edited by Kakero; 09-18-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
I have been watching the development of this game for like, five years now. It uses the Neverwinter ONE aurora engine--which has been TOTALLY upgraded to look better than Bioshock even. But it's the ROLEPLAYING aspect that looks amazing--Fallout 1 amazing.

http://www.thewitcher.com/

They are getting ready for release soon! I may have to make a Forum for this killer Game. It will also come with an editor. So mods are going to be made too.
Bioware has just publicly said they recommend the game--It won best of show at E3 for RPG's. IGN and Gamespot are raving about it, and say its one of 2007's most anticipated RPG Games!
The digs at NWN2 aside, I agree that this is an awesome looking game. I've already pre-ordered it.

The single character option isn't a big deal. PsT had the single character option as well and we all known how great a game THAT was.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Gamespot and IGN are up in the publishers asses, and give reviews for $$ pretty much (Ad sales).. Remember when Computer Gaming World was young, and Scorpia was dead honest about games? I miss those days.
I don't know about those, it's probably before my time.

Quote:
The current trend in the USA is 'release the game' then find bugs. I've noticed Eurogaming companies have been polishing their games up more lately. This game HAS been in the works for 5 years, so you know they poured their hearts into it, to make it right. (We hope)

Seeing 'Atari' as the publisher is a bit of a downer though. They are known for pushing out KNOWN bugged games and not giving to craps about it. I believe the witcher will be an exception though. CD Projekt is a VERY good game studio.
Yeah it's a sad thing games must be released before they are done. I sure hope the Witcher will be a big break from all the 'new' RPG's because I'm itching for some good old character building and seeing the results ingame. Arcanum was the last in that regard.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

Dam, can't go to http://www.thewitcher.com/ on the work computer
Something to do at home.
Hope this is not a daft question, do you take a party or just a single character round?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target View Post
Dam, can't go to http://www.thewitcher.com/ on the work computer
Something to do at home.
Hope this is not a daft question, do you take a party or just a single character round?
Single character I believe. Haven't read anything about travelling with other companions, although I know that you can enlist the aid of other people to accomplish verious quest.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote