Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I'm thinking about picking up the ol' disks and buying a game card or two. My highest character was a 65 human paladin. For a player who will likely play casually, mostly PvPing with the occasional instance or raid, do you think it's worth returning?

I guess what I'm asking is how paladins are doing in PvP at 70 these days, and how gear dependent they are. I likely will be restricted to high-end blues or a few Karahzan epics once I ding 70, and will probably be a holy spec for combat healing. Think it's possible to have fun, or should I stay away from the game?
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Alot better. Healadins in arena last alot longer than a holy priest for example. The new arena healbots. They also get some nifty new abilites on their trees, like shield of vengeance which is like captain america's shield slash, lol. Not huge damage but still, it's range for finishing runners without them having to be at 10% health. Then there's crusader aura which increases mount speed by like 20% or something. If you like pally and can deal with some of the classes drawbacks then yeah, they are looking good.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:13 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

A Pallie/Warrior combo is the PREMIERE in 2v2 PVP arena. And several top 5v5 teams are all Pallie/Warrior combos.

In a raid situation Pallies are invaluable. Alliance folks pretended forever that they weren't gettin huge raid buffs from Pallies, but now that horde has them the writing is on the wall. 2 Pallies in a raid gives me -threat and +mana regen... a third adds stats to all my important stats. They rock.

However, for raiding, holy spec Pallies are most sought after. The guilds that let Pallies spec for tanking on raids are few.... but they ARE out there.

Our primary major decurser (a key thing) on TK/SSC raids is a Pally, either spec.

A good class, very viable, and much appreciated horde side. You can tank instances if you like since you're playing casual.

Have fun!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

For me, the most frustrating thing about teaming with pallies (and i'm talking the PUG's on the grind upward) is that like 70% of them simply don't know how to play their character. I get zero buffs, zero heals and almost keel over in shock when a judgement of wisdom or light is placed on a mob. Even bosses, they don't bother judging on. I mean, if they're supposed to be tanking that's fine, but throw an emrgency heal once in awhile if the priest or druid is going down.

I think the main problem is few paladins are willing to accept the supporting role their class was created for. Refusing to heal a group all day is one thing and that's fine, but they have so many team-enhancing abilites that I find are rarely used on anyone but themselves. It confuses me. Anything I can do on any class I play that further helps my team, is done without question.