Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

That sounds a lot like how things are around here philip, the principal and vice principals don't have anything better to do but scower the halls to see if anyone is going to their locker for something. They go out of their way to force the rules on everybody, they even picked me out of a crowd of people when they were fifty feet away to tell me "Don't be late!" when I still had 10 minutes before the first class began

But I do believe the head of my school has your guy beat, allow me.

It was this past summer when the senior class of last year graduated so I went to see them off and sing. Now, everyone was expecting the same ceremony, but then, we got two tornadoes to touch down in the area. During the senior speech, my principal told everyone to evacuate to the cafeteria. Now, instead of going there, me and several others went to the safest place which happens to be the concrete storage rooms. Why didn't we go to the cafeteria like he asked? Because during a tornado alert, which we saw outside of the windows btw, you don't go into an area where the walls, ceiling and doors are mostly made out of glass [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid
Your highschool however sounds like some kind of facist dictatorship.
A nazi regime comes more to mind really.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:02 AM   #12
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Right, because Nazi Germany definitely wasn't a fascist dictatorship or anything... [/sarcasm]
Old 11-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

I really can't wait till I play in the 6th form (last class) play this year. Though it was written to not make fun a lot of teachers the new rules will sure be in it and the teachers and head who make it like this.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:45 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Okay then take my word for it, I'm a college fellow myself, and College is so much better than high school, it makes me happy. And I don't dread it when I wake up in the morning.

Lucky You.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Aaah don't worry, little Gangy, you'll soon be a big boy and will be able to use pull-ups and you can get rid of those nappies. ROFL excorted to the toilet at age 17-18! ROFL again. *thanks God he never lived in America*

Beau - what the hell you on about? We don't have high school in England, so how would you know about it? If Gangrell was here, he'd already be in college as well, so acting like you're a bigger boy than him cos you've finished school is not warranted [img]tongue.gif[/img] Of course uni is much better, but what's EVEN better is when you finish uni and do a postgrad course, cos you get alot more freedom, you get funding and you get respect
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #16
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Aaah don't worry, little Gangy, you'll soon be a big boy and will be able to use pull-ups and you can get rid of those nappies. ROFL excorted to the toilet at age 17-18! ROFL again. *thanks God he never lived in America*
It truly is a horrid place isn't it? [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I'd be in college already if I was there? Ah, this sucks, I place a curse upon your head that you must suffer the same indignity
Old 11-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:

I'd be in college already if I was there? Ah, this sucks, I place a curse upon your head that you must suffer the same indignity
That's because here, college doesn't mean university. It is a place you go when you're 16-18 AFTER school and BEFORE university, but the level of freedom is almost as high as at university (with the major difference being that attendance at lectures is monitored in college and not at uni)
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-13-2004, 03:34 PM   #18
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Ugh. Those stories remind me of Dilbert cartoons.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #19
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
what's EVEN better is when you finish uni and do a postgrad course, cos you get alot more freedom, you get funding and you get respect
And an office! I love my office

Anyway, buck up, Gangrell. They'll always be small people with a bit of power you'll have to deal with in life. Just toe their petty line and pity them for being so small and insignificant, and the fact that this is their life, and they'll be doing it for a long time to come, whereas you are just passing through and will be going on to bigger and better things
Old 11-13-2004, 04:03 PM   #20
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:
quote:
Right, because Nazi Germany definitely wasn't a fascist dictatorship or anything... [/sarcasm] [/QUOTE]Actually, Nazis hated fascists, but that's a whole new bag....