Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-04-2001, 06:13 PM   #1
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

While it is my favorite spell in the game (for reasons such as that it penetrates the super magics, like spell trap, and hits any enemy regardless of their resistances), I HATE how it uses up both of your quick weapon slots. I wish it only did one of them, so that I could alternate it between the staff of the magi, so I can have the minute meteors cast while I'm still invisibile, then switch to them when I need to attack. Blast. But oh well, I'm sure that this spell will become obsolete eventually.
Old 05-04-2001, 06:21 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Actually, this is a rather useful spell for my berserker/mage, who always have Crom Faeyr in the off hand (dual wield). If you dual wield, your off hand weapon becomes some-what a range weapon like the stones in your main hand since you continue to dual wield (and hit the enemy) with both weapons.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 06:24 PM   #3
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Wow... that's pretty damn cool.
Old 05-04-2001, 06:32 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

Why IS everyone in the Forgotten Realms right-handed?
Old 05-04-2001, 06:35 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Why IS everyone in the Forgotten Realms right-handed?
I don't know...but I've noticed my in-game avatar (i.e. the way my character or NPCs look in the game playing screen) sometimes switch hands. Sometimes he/she carries the shield in right hand, sometimes on the left (must be getting tired)...weird.... *sign*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 06:46 PM   #6
Lord Shield

I loved that spell for the same reason (plus it was good for finishing off trolls). I didn't like the encumbrance it added (my sorceror was puny strength)

Old 05-04-2001, 06:54 PM   #7
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Yeah, 15 extra pounds... I'm good with 12 str, 19 dex, 17 const, 18 int, 16 wis, and 9 charisma. Elf, by the way. This gives me all the limited wish abiliteis, super intelligence, and unbeatable dexterity, and still enough strength to carry what I need to.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:09 PM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
I don't know...but I've noticed my in-game avatar (i.e. the way my character or NPCs look in the game playing screen) sometimes switch hands. Sometimes he/she carries the shield in right hand, sometimes on the left (must be getting tired)...weird.... *sign*

I remember some black isle guy saying that it was because it would double the animations they would have to make to have it stay in the same hand when you turn.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:15 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I remember some black isle guy saying that it was because it would double the animations they would have to make to have it stay in the same hand when you turn.

Cool.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!