Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-13-2002, 01:10 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=011455;p =1

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

[i]* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner
* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!
* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)
* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy,
your hostess [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Lady Blue,
your cappucino server and musician
[img]graemlins/music05.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

'Lo all. Hope youre all well. Its been awhile since i've had the chance to make a cafe
And to all of you who witnessed my silly topic last night: no I don't h ave a hangover, so sorry, lol
Old 10-13-2002, 01:15 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning, Jen. Don't be silly, we all thought it was cute. How are things out on the Left Coast?
Old 10-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Hey all!

IT'S CANADIAN THANKSGIVING! Sorry about the caps, but we're having turkey, and well [img]tongue.gif[/img] to all you Americans having to wait another month. Too bad I can't cut it up.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #5
Moni

I thought for sure you would be hungover LOL!
Glad you're not!

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Hey all.

I pity all of you southpaws who have to use a right-handed mouse. It's no fun (doctor's orders stop me from using my right hand at all.)

So I've started a Wizardry 8 (slow game), using y'all as characters.
Sir G -> Human Lord
Kaltia -> Hobbit Rogue
Cloudy -> Human Samurai
Moni -> Hobbit Ninja
CD -> Human Bard
Sazerac -> Elf Bishop
True_Moose,
That is too cool! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Thank you! I hope I prove myself worthy!
I have been tempted to dig out my game and play again but school work prevails *sigh* Sometimes I hate being so anal LOL.
If my son comes here for the winter break, it'll be next summer before I get to play...unless I can apply some discipline and limit my play time...yeah right LOL!
Best of luck with your game!

What did you do to your hand that you can't use it?
I broke my right hand, 2 knuckles and the index finger all at once some time ago but didn't have a PC to hinder me thank goodness lol! My biggest problem was learning to tie my shoes with one hand (but I eventually did). Look at this as an opportunity to learn how to be ambidexterous...it is a gift that really comes in handy when one hand is out of commission! I hope whatever it is, that you get to feeling better soon!

EDIT: HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!!!!

[ 10-13-2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 10-13-2002, 01:32 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Playin' hockey. Was hitting a guy ( ), his stick went up my glove, and I fell onto it. Broke the bone (can't remember the name,) at the bottom of my hand (the one that goes into the pinky.)
Old 10-13-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
Moni

Ouch! That's a tender spot to be breaking bones!
Take good care of yourself so it can get better asap!

Old 10-13-2002, 01:43 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hi, Moni! How is school going? I hope that it is as nice to the south as it is here.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:48 PM   #9
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*SomeGuy walks in and sits at the bar* We lost...we lost....WE LOST!!!!!!!! We lost our football game 22-0!!! AND IT WAS FREEZING COLD!!!!! One of our players was so mad we lost he cried.It was a sad day for the Ironmen.(Ironmen is the name of our team.) Well what has everyone been up to?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-13-2002, 01:50 PM   #10
Moni

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Hi Attalus!
School is going great so far thank you!
It is a beautiful day here...cool and cloudy, a preview of the colder months to come without the bite. [img]smile.gif[/img]
It is very nice!