Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 06:11 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
I'll refrain from introducing anti-gun propaganda into to this debate.
But it's terrible something like this happens, of course...
It doesn't matter if you do so or not Groj. In holland there is a law that says we can't have firearms, but people get shot here almost every week. Gun law or not, people don't mind.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:34 PM   #12
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

All I have to say is that if this guy is going to go around shooting people, the least he can do is shoot people who deserve it. Why shoot little kids when almost all of southwest D.C. is filled with pimps,pushers,muggers and general scumos? Not to be confused with the part of town where the senators live , which is filled with cowards,cheats,liars, and general shmuckos.

Also, Before the cops catch him I want to place my bet on the fact that he will be a white guy between 30 and 45 who is slightly out of shape,wears glasses,is divorced, and has an axe to grind with the government.I have seen articles where news men think it is some kind of middle eastern terrorist campaighn.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:39 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Didn't you just describe the son of Sam ?
Old 10-07-2002, 07:41 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
I'll refrain from introducing anti-gun propaganda into to this debate.
But it's terrible something like this happens, of course...
Thank you for not bringing up the fact that people who own guns legally and responsibly are not to blame for this.

As of right now (nearly 8pm) they have not determined if this latest shooting is by the same person or wether it was done with the same weapon. Im right in the middle of this, the first few shootings happened on three sides of Kaiser facilities so Im right in the middle of it. (Hint Im not worried about the guns being responsible, there is a person pulling the trigger. Nor am I worried about being the next target.)

Current theories by local law enforcement are that there is a 50/50 chance this is a local person, or an Islamic terrorist. What it all boils down to is that they don't have a clue. THis should calm some of the conspiracy theorists that there is some shadowy super group running around keeping track of everyone at all times.

[ 10-07-2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-07-2002, 07:45 PM   #15
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Actually this really is sort of Son of Samish...but most of the people here are WAAAAAY too young to remember that.

Old 10-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
All I have to say is that if this guy is going to go around shooting people, the least he can do is shoot people who deserve it. Why shoot little kids when almost all of southwest D.C. is filled with pimps,pushers,muggers and general scumos? Not to be confused with the part of town where the senators live , which is filled with cowards,cheats,liars, and general shmuckos.

Also, Before the cops catch him I want to place my bet on the fact that he will be a white guy between 30 and 45 who is slightly out of shape,wears glasses,is divorced, and has an axe to grind with the government.I have seen articles where news men think it is some kind of middle eastern terrorist campaighn.
Bet covered! My bet is that it is some young redneck who isn't playing with a full deck. Oh by the way, they just mentioned the latest victim is still alive, in critical but stable condition.

Old 10-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #17
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Nahhh. Son of Sam was takeing orders from his neighbors labrador retriever who was possessed by satan. Also Son of Sam had a definate pattern but the police at the time were too stupid to realize it and too slow to catch him till he made a mistake. From what I know about this thing in D.C. the only similarities are that the victims were completely unrelated, young, old , male and female. Maybe the Zodiac kiler is at it again? They never did catch him ya know.

[ 10-07-2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 10-07-2002, 07:49 PM   #18
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
Nahhh. Son of Sam was takeing orders from his neighbors labrador retriever who was possessed by satan. Also Son of Sam had a definate pattern but the police at the time were too stupid to realize it and too slow to catch him till he made a mistake. From what I know about this thing in D.C. the only similarities are that the victims were completely unrelated, young, old , male and female. Maybe the Zodiac kiler is at it again? They never did catch him ya know.[/QUOTE]All of those may yet be true of this latest shooter, Hunter [img]smile.gif[/img] the pattern some times isn't seen untill you have the benefit of hindsight.

Old 10-07-2002, 07:51 PM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
This guy ,whoever he is, is a sociopath. Having a gun or not would not stop him from preying on people. Just like having a million and one laws on the books that try to prevent these kinds of tragedies won't stop them. Bad things do happen to good people. The best that we can hope for is that law enforcement can find this yahoo quickly enough before he targets someone else. Like it or not, the law is reactionary, not proactionary. Make it proactionary, and the floodgates to abuse are left wide open.
Well, so much for not introducing the gun debate. Does that mean you can't outlaw something if it is considered a social ill? What about drugs?? A proactionary law (outlawing something seen as a social ill BEFORE it can be put to ill use) abounds in the law. Sorry, but if the government can tell you you must wear a seatbelt, it can certainly tell you you can't own a gun. (Note - I'm NOT saying it *should*, just that it *can* and *does* and it is not seen as abuse).[/qb][/QUOTE]I didn't notice anyone campaigning for theoutlawing of drugs in this debate. There are quite a number of people here who have the intelligence to realize that prohibition doesn't work, wether for alcohol, tobacco, drugs or firearms. As for helmet laws and seatbelt laws those are two prime examples of the national nanny movement. Im an adult, don't need the government protecting me from my self thank you. but all of this debate is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic so lets all drop it?

[ 10-07-2002, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-07-2002, 07:52 PM   #20
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
All of those may yet be true of this latest shooter, Hunter the pattern some times isn't seen untill you have the benefit of hindsight
If there is another demonicaly possesed labrador running around I am realy going to start to worry about this country.I will worry more if there is another wacko takeing orders from it.