Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-02-2001, 07:13 AM   #11
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Too bad I didnīt see your post earlier.. Just sold Rune, Summoner and Black and White for second hand and in return got me Red Faction..

Darn. I read a lot about Summoner and Black & White.

Did you at least get good money for them?

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 10-02-2001, 07:27 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Darn. I read a lot about Summoner and Black & White.

Did you at least get good money for them?

Nope, pretty lousy, Rune gave an eigth of what I spend, B&W and Summoner gave a quarter of what I gave back..

It paid half of Red Faction..

Summoner isnīt that good a game, very console based and I tired of it pretty quick. Black and White is pretty funny in the beginning but the micromanagement can get to you after awhile. If you like to have good control I think you will like it. At least you should try it. I laughed alot playing that game..

Warcraft is a fun game, itīs alot like Starcraft but with elves and orcs, dwarfes and goblins.

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..Iīm hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-02-2001, 08:03 AM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Never played WarCraft, but Civilisation is a weekend-eater and social-life-destroyer. Don't expect really wow graphics - it's isometric with little 2d 'figures' representing different units. It is a turn based strategy game, very time consuming. Mostly it involves building cities, trading with other empires, making technological advances, and waging war.

And the later versions are too complex for my tiny mind. The original CivII is very good, though. I can win it!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-02-2001, 08:43 AM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
And the later versions are too complex for my tiny mind. The original CivII is very good, though. I can win it!

I wasn't so keen on 'Call to Power' - I like to micromanage my cities. My favourite version was CivII:Test of Time - because I liked that you could have different world settings (Earth, Fantasy or Sci-Fi) and that each setting had different levels (eg. Fantasy had Clouds, Land and Underworld, Sci-Fi had different planets) where you could expand simultaneously!
BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA!!!

My style is extreme city expansion - whereby I try to build as many cities in as short a time as possible. Unfortunately I think CivIII will put paid to my ideas of globe domination by making each settler unit worth 2 population units instead of the usual 1. It sounds like a great game though, more like CivII than the 'Call to power' series, but there is a new route to winning through cultural development - a cultural city will not just keep your own population happy, but will also exert an influence on surrounding enemy or ally cities, and will determine how many resource squares your city controls...

Oh no, I'm a nerd, aren't I? Nooooooo....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-02-2001, 04:02 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Civilization/Call to Power is an offshoot of the Civ series,but by a different company than the original. Epona described it well. Inferior to the original and sequels by Microprose, I didnt like this version.
WarCraft is like StarCraft but with Orcs,Elves,etc. You complete a series of missions/scenarios with various types of units and goals. Many people like it but I just couldnt get into it.

Old 10-02-2001, 04:53 PM   #16
Lavindathar
Harper

Civ2 rocks.....and so did Civnet (Civ1).

I cant wait for Civ3, I'm gonna pre-order it pretty soon!!

But yeah, time just flys by on it, and u can replay it 1000000000x100000000 times.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:58 PM   #17
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I loved Civ1 and 2!!!! Endless hours spent conquering! I'm going to wait on Civ3(if I can, I'm impulsive)until I finish Pool of Radiance
Old 10-02-2001, 06:00 PM   #18
Lavindathar
Harper

It wont be possible to wait....

Hmmmmm, all the new additions, better graphics, more options......

Hmmmm,,,,,

You know you'll get it very close to release.......BTW, have u seen the screenies? looks ace.!
Old 10-02-2001, 08:39 PM   #19
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

If you want something that will challenge you, and is fun to play, you could do far worse than Crucial's re-release of Master of Orion II. Man that game can be evil. The research tree alone makes you want to obtain a doctorate in advanced theoretical quantum mechanics!

Curiously enough, like Civ its not graphically beautiful, but it is one of those games that you can play and play. Also, it seems that those boys are at it again, and MoO III should be out in the last quarter (us fans have only had to wait about five years for it). If you want to check it out then
http://moo3.quicksilver.com/
should do it. The ground combat alone would suggest that this game will be the equivalent of the Dark Lord himself coming for dinner on Sunday. Which is nice.

BTW Hello Father Bronze. I was invited over by Epona to spread the faith of the "Alloy Allies". Well done Epona. Sweet.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Old 10-02-2001, 08:49 PM   #20
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I have a game called Revenant that you might enjoy. The game is a bit of a cross between BG and an overview action game. You move around like in BG, but use the keyboard in conjunction to have various different attacks, running, etc. You get spell powers based on a combination of runes. As you learn different runes you can get different spells. If you're daring, you can experiment with different combinations and stumble upon new spells. An incorrect combination can hurt you though. Email me if you're interested. It sounds right up your alley.