Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 04:27 PM   #1
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

okay ive already done the balduran quest and i just beat Durlags tower. Ive gotten the soultaker to return to the dwarf in Ulgoth's Beard.
spoiler
/
/
/
my party has reached the xp cap of 161000 and are really good. Accept when i go to ulgoths beard and get first attacked by the cult i get dessimated. theres 2 mages,assassins, archers, guards... and thats before i even move!! with my 4 survivors i make it into the building and down stairs, my main char has really good wepeons and armour from D.T. When i first enter i know to kill the priest becouse Aec whatever can be reborn through them. I kill two and the Aec thing kills me and my group in about 20 seconds!! My main Char a fighter, has 81 hp, and a 34 majic resistance, accept i get held,confused and killed in 5 seconds!!!
And ive reached the xp cap too!! HEELLLPPP!! Is it this hard for everyone else?
---Phat--Assassin--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:11 PM   #2
Ace of Spades
The Magister

You wouldn't want it to be easy, would you?
/
***SPOILERS***
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Aec has a Death Gaze. Protection from Petrification or Potions of Mirror deflect this gaze. Take out the wiz-bitc* first.
Ace of Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:23 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Hints:

1. Send down a thief (do you have Imoen?) who has good backstabbing damage (esp. Sword of Backstabbing,) and do damage on the main priest. then send down your other guys.

2. I would resurrect the dead guys at the nearest temple, they willl help.

3. Give one character really good armor, rings, allthat, then cover him/her in protective spells. Have themm attack demon and draw him off, while the other guys kill the preists.

Good Luck!

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc
"Gimme a sword, I'll win this war for you!"-Mad Martigan
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 06:31 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
-
-
-
- When AecīLetec gazes one of your characters, cast dispell on him and (s)he wont die.

------------------
"Iīve been captured... and I donīt care" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 11:00 AM   #5
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

Thanks! I do have imoen, but whos the main priest? ill have to look. I have 2 1/2 tanks so ill send khalid to fight aec'letec. He has a -11 armor class!! Ill just keep trying at it until i win
Old 07-13-2001, 06:03 PM   #6
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Spoilers...
What you need to do is make sure you're ready for the fight. Cast all of your enhancing spells on your party... chant, haste, etc... Also, if you can, send someone down the stairs invisible and send them out of sight of the priestess and try to take out the cultists without bringing her into view. Once Aec'Latec appears, keep in mind that summoned monsters are a man's best friend. Summon as many as you need to and if you get hit by the death gaze you should have either a few arrows of dispelling (yes use them on your own people) or a few dispel magics. I recommend the arrows because although they'll do damage they won't have any effect on the people around the target... so all of the spells working on them will remain...

------------------
"Beware fool that you put too much stock in the power of the spoken word, lest the unspoken one trample you from behind."
Kormar
Kormar the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 10:49 PM   #7
Worm
The Magister

Ha, cast command word die on AecīLetec if he does fall asleep fire ball the crap out of his buddies cloud kill just go nuts. I knocked him out and killed him and for some reason he didn't recreate in anyone. I believe he is a demon so I wonder if protection from evil would work but I'm not sure.

------------------
Worm, About as interesting as traveling with an angery cambion.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 08:12 PM   #8
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

nice strategies! ill try them
Old 07-15-2001, 09:17 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Spoilers about Ulgoth's B. ?

Lol, I've just realized that in my three times through BG I/TotSC I've never returned to Ulgoth's after DT ! Always went straight back to BG to dispatch Sarevok. When I was in Ulgoth's I always groused and grumbled about that absolutely useless, completely empty temple building there. Well, I guess now I know what that is for ! Lol.

Btw, you guys and Silky-Paws make it sound as if that battle against the cult was much harder than the final battle against Sarevok !

------------------
So long !

Rģ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 07-15-2001).]
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote