Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-03-2004, 08:43 PM   #11
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

nathan said he thinks the mp's would cooperate with not just walking up to him, but making it appear random, or even just walking a drug dog in to check it out.

as far as police goes...nathan had a great idea. i have tons of quarters so i'm gonna park in an expensive space out front (if i can) and have my double stroller int he trunk. if i truly get fed up by their behavior, etc. i'm gonna walk to the police and let them know i'm scared to call them there in case the family comes home.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:54 AM   #12
coyote696
The Magister

good call rev, but next time do call the MPs. did you know there is no such thing as a misdemeanor on a military reservation? if he is caught with that stuff it is a felony automaticly. and cws has that much more leverage against them.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:25 AM   #13
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

That's why I don't do any of it! No drugs, no drinking, period! Call me a goody goody, I love that. There are a lot of people who (without saying) think I'm better than everybody else. I have my principals and I stick to them, otherwise I'm just a ..something I don't want to be!

And of course we know that everybody just drinks and does drugs socially, no one will tell you they have a problem. I'm sure RevRuby could ask those people and they would feel there's no problem.

How many people here could be in the same situation. I suggest, if you drink or do drugs, go for 1 week without any at all, no cheating. It will tell you a lot!

[ 11-04-2004, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 11-04-2004, 08:14 AM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

actually variol they would have to stay off longer than that. dependingon what they are doing. 1 week still has withdrawl symptoms.

actually the mother knows it's a problem, her and i have discussed it many times, but she is only open to quitting when she is fighting with her husband. i know she'd be a great mom without it, a little counseling, and no him. but that's not going to happen. they depend on eachother to hurt themselves. all around not a good environment for hte kids.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 AM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
That's why I don't do any of it! No drugs, no drinking, period! Call me a goody goody, I love that. There are a lot of people who (without saying) think I'm better than everybody else. I have my principals and I stick to them, otherwise I'm just a ..something I don't want to be!

And of course we know that everybody just drinks and does drugs socially, no one will tell you they have a problem. I'm sure RevRuby could ask those people and they would feel there's no problem.

How many people here could be in the same situation. I suggest, if you drink or do drugs, go for 1 week without any at all, no cheating. It will tell you a lot!
I occasionally do drugs and i drink alcohol as well, and i go without em for weeks in a row mostly (well, maybe not alcohol). But i fail to see the point what it tells me ?
Old 11-04-2004, 08:53 AM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:

you know, there are people who do not have problems with drinking or drugs, me I quit the drugs over a year ago, and have not wanted any since then. just decided it was not right for me. the drinking, I do it once in awhile, nothing to it really, I drink, get drunk, then go without for months on end never wanting to touch it again, so where is the problem? also I do not drink in front of my kids, never have. why would that make me have a problem with drinking? I vowed along time ago not to become my parents, and that involves not drinking every seingle day. so unless you know something I do not know about being an alcholic, please refrain from accusing everyone who drinks of having a problem. on a side note, the last drink I had was 2 months ago

[ 11-04-2004, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 11-04-2004, 08:57 AM   #17
Sigmar
Unicorn

Pfff, last time I went out and got drunk was a good two months ago, I've noticed no change!

Mind you... *fondly remembers the beach parties held during summer *
Old 11-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #18
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Everyone has their reasons for doing it just like there are people that have their reasons for not doing it. Seems to me like you're going a bit overboard about it, because I know a lot of people, including myself that don't do either and we're not called goody goodies (we aren't in grade school anymore). I figured that I'd drink someday, socially but now I have my reasons for not doing it, depression being one of them. As for drugs, I just don't see any point in it but if thats your decision to do it, your choice. Doesn't bother me for not doing it when others do, I'm fine the way I am.

Good job btw Rev [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #19
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Yeah, but my point guys is, nobody ever thinks they're hurting anyone! How many people are killed in a year by drunks. How many wives and children are beaten by their husbands-fathers. How many junkies die on the street each year? If the answer is more than one, the price is too high.
Sounds like some of you are trying to justify your actions. Well, if it makes you feel better, fill your boots!
I guess I just get bitter 'cos if people could just drink socially (Europe is better this way) I probably would have the occassional drink. But every Monday morning at our meeting I have to listen to idiots in their 30's and 40's going on about how drunk they got. It's f*ck*** embaracing to me!
Having been born in Germany, it was nothing for my parents to give me a bit of beer, even when I was 5 or 6. I think it's important to allow teens to drink at home, then the element of "sneaking" is gone because the parents already approve.
Drugs are a bit different as some are addictive and some are not.
And honestly, who can say that, at least at first they didn't drink or do drugs in order to fit in? I can't think of anyone who had their first beer and said "wow this tastes really good"! It tastes like sh!t. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] ..still love y'all!
Old 11-05-2004, 03:04 AM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Actually, i was very young too when i drank my first beer, I remember that my grandfather let me have a taste of his beer. He said something like "here, try this, you're gonna love this when you grow older". I was 7 back then, and indeed, i thought it tasted like crap, way too bitter for the likes of me. How things have changed over the years.