Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

View Poll Results: Favorite Fighting Game Series
Street Fighter 1 6.67%
King of Fighters 3 20.00%
Mortal Kombat 4 26.67%
Guilty Gear 1 6.67%
Tekken 4 26.67%
Soul Blade 1 6.67%
Virtua Fighter 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2003, 05:55 PM   #1
Beoulve
The Magister

I know that I only listed a few in the poll. If you have a write-in, go for it.

I have to go with Guilty Gear. GGX2 is the best fighter I've ever played, hands-down.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:50 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I like any fighting game that got my favourite sakura.

Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:44 PM   #3
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

I love the MK series. All of the MK games rock.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:32 PM   #4
Beoulve
The Magister

Honorable Mention:

Samurai Shodown. Any game with fuedal ninjas is automatically sweet. Especially when made by SNK.

Well... I kind of consider it the same series as KoF, but all the real SNK fanboys say Fatal Fury and Mark of Wolves are a different series. They are better games (Garou is serious one sweet, sweet game) than KoF, now that I think about it, but oh well.

Killer Instinct, because the first game was really fun when it came out. It sucks now, big time, and all the sequels were trash, but hey. You know.

OH! And for all you fighting buffs, there is a Sammy vs SNK game announced! GUILTY GEAR VS KoF!!!11 My Venom can finally beat Iori's ass into submission.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I chose Tekken, but it is a really tough choice because MK is great too.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:03 PM   #6
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Mk trilogy is my Favorite fighting game ever. I grew up playing the mk series i own them all.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:25 AM   #7
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Street Fighter was a LOT more fun than MK. Hehe, I can remember spending hours playing SF, back when I was young and had time to waste
Old 09-18-2003, 06:24 AM   #8
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Virtua Fighter... though there are probably games that are way cooler to play some, if you're willing to devote some time to mastering one char, VF4: Evolution is pretty awesome (Lei Fei owns).

...MUGEN is pretty cool as well (free fighting game engine thing), but they no longer have a version of it for any os I have
Old 09-18-2003, 08:21 AM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

The Streetfighter Series.

I admit, the recent 3D SF's haven't been up to scratch, but if you look back at some of the older SF's you'll see there brilliance. Streetfighter II revolutionised fighting games, and is the template for all games in the genre today.

Virtua Fighter 4 is the most in-depth and comprehensive fighting game I have ever played. Great game, but takes a while to appreciate its greatness!

I've never played a Tekken game and I don't think I ever will. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Soul Calibur is simply amazing. I've only played bits of it, as I don't own a Dreamcast (R.I.P) but the parts that I did play were undescribable. As you can imagine, I'm anxiously awaiting SC2! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I used to have MUGEN a few years back. Great concept, but compatibility between Ki attacks with other characters was its downfall. For those who don't know, MUGEN is a customisbale fighting game for PC. It's free, and allows you to download characters, backgrounds and music from every 2D fighting game and battle it out.
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:53 AM   #10
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

that was a tough one for me street fighter or mortal Kombat went with mortal though it was first fighting game respectibly
cloud ff7 38 is offline   Reply With Quote