Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-23-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

Minor Spoilers.

I make my way to the Underdark, and i just fought the first fight for the mind flayers entertainment. After the fight, i get some potions of extra healiong from Orge or whoever, but my main characters inventory is full. Her familiar was in slot 1, so the familiar is dropped. I didn't know what was dropped at first, it looked like a bottle (it's the rabbit) so i picked it up with Jaheira. Now Jaheira has my familiar and it seems she has the hitpoints that come along with a familiar. It looks like my character stil has the hitpoints too, although i'm not sure. I'm gonna do a bit of "experimenting" with this, to see what exactly the deal is.

I guess to get my familiar back, i can just release the familiar, fill up all but one of Jaheira's inventory slots, pick up the familiar, then have her pick up something on the ground to get the familiar to drop. Anyway, this is kind of interesting i thought.

Dulouz.
Old 06-23-2001, 06:45 PM   #2
dulouz
Manshoon

Ah well, it seems when you release familiar. the original owner controlls it once again. and jahiera did not infact get the hp's of the familiar. so it doesn't seem like a bug exists.
Old 06-23-2001, 06:45 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, if you're experiencing beneficial hitpoint bonuses because of your familiar, why complain? "Here Minsc, hold my familiar for a moment won't you?"
Old 06-23-2001, 11:16 PM   #4
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

How exactly do u RELEASE your familiar? I never could figure that out...

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 06-23-2001, 11:44 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, when it is in your inventory, click on it like you do any item. It should have the option under the description to 'Release Familiar'. But in most cases, it is wise to keep your familiar in your inventory.
Old 06-24-2001, 12:06 AM   #6
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

K. I cast find familiar for my character, so now i have this little psuedo dragon following my group around, but it doesnt show up in my inventory. how do i make it show up in my inventory?

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 06-24-2001, 10:04 AM   #7
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Aha, to get that familiar to snuggle into your pack, all you have to do is speak to the little beastie.