Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #41
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ack - first two people manage to get their posts in before I finished mine and then the forum booted me out again.
What I was saying, though...

whoops. Seems I should have typed faster...
Joy, what a nice turn this thread took.
I think we all share at least one common goal, and that is that Dan gets some donations to keep his site going. How about focussing on that - is that such a crazy idea?
Opinions are like a... well, you know what they're like and we've seen plenty of them in this thread. Why not go back to the original topic and leave the rest for the people involved (i.e. Dan, the moderators, Reeka) to work out? He said, she said type games aren't exactly constructive.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:16 PM   #42
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

We miss you on Pandemonium Mel how about to take an tour over there? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #43
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm sorry but I have to resort to profanity-you have been warned. This soap opera shit is ludicrous. Quite frankly who gives a ■■■■. Reeka if someone has been/still is stalking you take some action. I like you, always have. Dont play the no-tell game for 2 years and say thats it. As for money many have donated.I have but not lately (money is tight) I appreciate everyone helping keep the board up. Tell the whole story or say nothing at all. That would be for everyone. Enough said now drink a ■■■■■■■ beer
Old 02-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #44
Chewbacca
Zartan

Trying to get some e-currency your way Ziroc, but may not get there by the ninth. I changed banks this morning and wont get my new Visa bankcard in the mail for while.

Hopefully this E-bay Paypal gift certificate I have around here somewhere is usable for any paypal transaction, if so then all is good.

Would anyone be offended by a poll to determine the general forum's stance on small banner ads on each forum's main page?
Old 02-05-2004, 08:02 PM   #45
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have to admit that I have a LOT of comments I would like to make to several of the people involved in this unnecessary flamewar, but I agree with the majority of the members that this thread is NOT the place to discuss the topic.

In fact, the topic should have never been brought into the public at all, but it has. I'm tempted to start a separate thread to give both sides a chance to sling as much mud as they feel is necessary to get feelings of anger and jealousy out of their system...but it REALLY needs to be dealt with in PRIVATE by Dan and the parties involved without hashing it out in public. That will only make members that aren't involved feel they have to choose sides and could even concievably lead to a forum war between IW and TSR, since we share many members.

That is something that neither site needs. So let's get back to the topic of donations...and those that are actively involved in this incident - take it up in private with Dan.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #46
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I am not on either side, but when accusations are out let it fly I say. A "secret" accusation is somewhat meaningless. While I know I am not the accused if there is a problem with someone here then it musy be addressed. That was my point
Old 02-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #47
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Just so we can get this thread back on track,

Ziroc could you give us an update on the financial situation?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 02-06-2004, 01:41 AM   #48
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK, settle down everyone. I don't think Larry's initial comment was specifically intended to hurt, they were at best tactless and poorly phrased and at worst thoughtless and ill-advised, but I don't think there was anything malicious in it to deliberately cause pain. The issue of money and people donating has always been a sensitive one, paricularly with our current system of donating where nobody knows who donates, who doesn't and by how much - and it goes to show how difficult future threads/discussions about means of funding this website will become, if this is any indication. I think we need to seriously start thinking of ways to formalise this donation process in some way, otherwise we'll have to go through this each month and none of us, especially Z, want that. Larry's comment was not what this thread needed as it completely derailed it from its purpose. Let's not lose sight of the purpose of this thread, which was to RAISE money rather than questioning who gave and who didn't.

In any case, attacks on members here are not on, for any of us - whether we're members or mods. Mods have a greater responsibility with what they say because of who they are, of course, as they are supposed to be role models and so every action/post is scrutinised. It's the curse of moderatorship. Let's not turn the thread into an inquisition of either Reeka or Larry, who are both valued members of this forum. That goes for allegations of hate campaigns and such as there are specific protocols for addressing this (incidentally this is first I've ever heard of this too, which doesn't mean anything - it must've been something that Z and Reeka were trying to address privately over the last three years which is fair enough). BUT we don't want to hear any vague mudslinging about the issue on THIS thread, or any other public thread here. Curious as I am about this, this is not the place to discuss it.

We know this topic is sensitive, let's all try to be conscious of maintaining our poise and maturity in discussing it.

Thanks fellas. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2004, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 02-06-2004, 01:46 AM   #49
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Larry and Reeka, just shut the ■■■■ up on each other, mkay?

Ziroc notes and points out who/what he wants. It's his forum, his fiat.

Reeka, you did post your judgment on those who call themselves out, and I understand your feelings. Of course, I also recognize feeling maintained one day may be lost months/years later. Such is the nature of "feelings."

Larry, you point out Reeka's inconsistency. Bully for you. Did it add any real information to the site -- NO. Did it put money in Dan/IWF's pocket -- NO. You are calling her out for the purpose of calling her out. Great, how mature.

Let us all focus on what's important:
1. IWF faces immediate monetary issues;
2. Suggestions as to how to deal with such issues long-term have been made and Z is considering the m;
3. Until we get word otherwise from Z (or Choc), we shoud donate if we can and offer sympathy if we can't.

It's very simple. This donation issue always gets blown up into a hullabaloo, for very unnecessary reasons. Call me a pragmatist, but I spend my life trying to get paid for time well-spent, and a lot of this thread has been a waste of my (and Z's and posters') frikkin time. Get over yourselves.

And if you endeavour to call me out for a breach of TOS, I predict Z-man's response to this post will be a simple "Hell yeah, Timber." If I'm wrong and I get slammed by him, such is life.

[ 02-06-2004, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 02-06-2004, 01:50 AM   #50
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Larry and Reeka, just shut the ■■■■ up on each other, mkay?

Thanks for showing so much poise and maturity straight after my post, Timber - you've got the right sentiment, but your timing and turn of phrase is impeccable, as always.