Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Baldurs Gate 2 was all wibbly gibbly before and I have had it uninstalled for about 2 or 3 months now. If I were to delete the leftover preferenses and stuff, do you guys think that it would work? I need your advice here.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 10:11 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

What do you mean by "wibbly gibbly" - never heard of that term before.
Uninstalling and deleting the sub-directory that contains all the left over files hosuld do the tirck. If you want to be sure that all references to the game are removed, you should check the Windows registry as well (caution advised here!). But a good uninstaller would have done it for you.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:24 AM   #3
Maxamus
Manshoon

i think bioware put out a software that deletes the directory, cause peopel were jamming there systems or something
Old 07-08-2002, 01:29 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I never heard wibbly-gibbly before either until I made this post . What I mean is whenever I tried to rest, it quit on me...and now after I finished installing, and I tried to go into the game....it wouldn't go in. Some sort of an error.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
syrneia
Dungeon Master

Quote:
What I mean is whenever I tried to rest, it quit on me...and now after I finished installing, and I tried to go into the game....it wouldn't go in. Some sort of an error.
it sounds like more of a ram/video card issue than a problem with the game itself...
though i Am new here, i found that the game could quit on me, even though i have sufficient hardware, when great demands were made on your cards at moments between hi-and low res imaging, like when it clicks over to a movie (ie resting or completing/starting a chapter) or even in moments of intense combat with many area of effect and status spells occupying much-needed memory
this game is amazing with solid hardware, and exponentially less amazing without...
i wouldn't give up
syrneia is offline   Reply With Quote