Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
Sir_G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in the Rapax Rift and very confused. How in the devil do I get down to the Staff of Ash? I can see where I want to go but cannot find a way over the lava to get there or down there from the bridge. I see a broken bridge but cannot find anything to fix it.
[url]\"http://www.frontiernet.net/~jerryome/Uncle_Jerry_Smoke.gif\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.frontiernet.net/~jerryome/Uncle_Jerry_Smoke.gif</a><br /> <br />My downfall in playing RPG\'s is I can\'t leave an area unexplored.
Sir_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
bladedog
Dungeon Master

Sir_G, thats impressive, yesterday obtaining the key to the wall safe in the monastry, today the rift!!!!

Anyway, there is a route to the staff buts its much longer than it looks. There is no way to fix the bridge. You have to follow the path you are on for some time. I could give you the route, but in doing so would reveal half the secrets of the rift.

Suffice to say you will reach it, keep going.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

I got stuck on that too.

On one of the ledges, there's a fence along the side. At one point, a section of the fence is missing: if you look there, you'll see a steep path you can climb down.

Note: you won't be able to climb back up that path, but you'll find another way to get back eventually.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
Sir_G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was way past the Monistary part but something undone disrurbs me big time and will always go back to do it later.

OK, I found the open fence part and I must have made 16 circles going back around over and over again until I read about the framing timber creating a path across the Lava. Now I am in the Rapax cellar by the tavern brawl. I am beginning to think that D.W. was on the funny stuff when he created this Novice level. I counted killing 58, count them, 58 freaking Samuri's, Warmages and Warlocks before I could save my game. I would have thrown the CD's out if I would've had to do it over again. I could see that at normal level but Novice? Give me a break! This is more like an M&M game.

The best part is that I need some kind of key to get to the staff, so I don't have it yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[url]\"http://www.frontiernet.net/~jerryome/Uncle_Jerry_Smoke.gif\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.frontiernet.net/~jerryome/Uncle_Jerry_Smoke.gif</a><br /> <br />My downfall in playing RPG\'s is I can\'t leave an area unexplored.
Sir_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Everything you need for the Staff is in the Rift; you don't need to be in the castle yet. I'd suggest going back to the Rift and finishing up there before heading to the castle. (You'll probably want to go back to the Rift to take care of something later on, but other than that you can finish almost all of it before going on to the castle.)

Hint: for one key you need, inspect the various wands found while fighting the Priestesses in the Rift.

In the castle: if you join the Templars, all the Rapax will become friendly and stop attacking you. Unless you already have a portal set on Ascension Peak (past the landslide), you have to join the Templars to access the teleporter that will get you there.

You can find the Templars up on the balcony in the big room on the main floor of the castle; talk to each of them until you find the one that starts the process of joining the Templars, then follow his instructions.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

58 is a very big number; and some of them should have been other types. Lets count: There is a fix goup in the main hall (IIRC 6+2 or the like); a fix group (3+3) in the dining room; a fix group (5+1) at the pool; a random group (usually say 4+6) at the SW stairs; a random group (say 4+6) near the NE stairs; sometimes another random group (say 4+6) either upstairs, or in the east.
Well, thats a bit below your count.

My guess is: You somehow managed to draw them all into on big fight (when some enemy flies, or chooses a long route to reach you because the direct route is blocked, he can 'awake' other, far away, groups to enter the fight). And due to the big number, the fight lasted very long, so that one or two new groups spawned during the fight.

Normally (especially if you have x-ray, or you know the layout from former games), you fight each of these groups seperately. Several fights agains 6-14 opponents. And with some freeze spells, the fights go reasonable fast.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote