Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have never even touch WeiDU before. The only tools I have used so far are Near Infinity, Infinity Script Editor, Dreamweaver (excellent text editor by the way [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), Notepad and Word. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I would like to learn WeiDU though. I assume Weimer's site has tutorials?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 09:36 PM   #22
icelus
Manshoon

Well, I don't think there are any at Weimer's site, but there should be some pretty thorough (if confusing) details in the WeiDU readme, and a few useful tutorials at www.forgottenwars.net . I think it should be pretty easy to WeiDU this up, especially if you use the eSeries mod as an example.
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Is WeiDU IWD compatible? The readme seems to be BG2 and all BG2. No mention on how to configure it for other IE Games.

On a side note.

1) How many people bother to keep scrolls of healing? Or do you usually sell them?

2) Under what circumstances do you use buffing potions, and what type.

I will be testing out the Bardic Horn of the Valhalla soon. One problem in IWD is that there is no identifier for summons, so keeping track of them is a question mark at the moment for me. Not sure how the trigger SummoningLimit is used too.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:18 PM   #24
icelus
Manshoon

Yes, WeiDU will work with both IWD and IWD2. It's just that not many people mod for those two games, so there's not a lot of examples to go by. Tioma has made a few successful mods for IWD, available here: http://pageperso.aol.fr/Ipotemine/
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... will... experiment with WeiDU tomorrow.

On a side note, testing has begun on some level 4 Mage spells.

Summoning spells are coming along fine. I think I understand how SummoningLimit works now. Oh yeah... first time using the Bardic Horn of Valhalla. My goodness, these guys are munchkin gods even on HoF mode (especially if you Haste them)... well worth the thousands of dollars I spent for them.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #26
Roboghost
Manshoon

Da Summon bug:

When you've been playing the game [HoW] for a while and cast a summon spell, you can get ripped off. In other words, the game is buggy with summons, and won't let you summon even though you have only one or two other summons going. I just save the game, quit, and start it up again. The obvious bug on the summons is "Contact Other Plane". It will almost always do this to you. Note that I only play in HoF, so this could have a role in the bug(?).
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:40 AM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds more like some Globals not expiring properly. The best way to counteract this is to witness your summons unsummon.

In other news, WeiDU keeps crashing out and I am not sure why. I like technology and all, and I have used DOS before, but by gosh, I REALLY REALLY hate using the command line. Get on with the times!!!! Hell... I figured out NI and IEx on my own without any guides.

Anyhoo... an idiot's guide to setting up WeiDU would be useful... ...
Old 01-08-2004, 06:21 AM   #28
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Some screenshots.

Lizard King

Thanks to this battle, I now know that the codeblock handling Remove Paralysis works like a charm.

Codeblocks for summoning spells seem to be working perfectly fine too. So expect to see some insertions of summoning choices in the AI Scripts.

Some minor tweaking to the conditions required for Party Buffer Spells, but nothing major. Hopefully it will do the trick, and eliminate as much accidental wastage as possible.

Still pondering the meaning of life and how to handle spells like Fireball or Spike Growth.

Did I mention that having so many spellcasters in a party can make battles very... chaotic? Half the time I do not know what is really going on and just press the spacebar to keep unpausing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

PS: Is there any mod out there that make the purchase of enchanted ammunition more readily available? A few dozen +1 arrows just cannot kill 2 Wraith Spiders on HoF mode, even if they all hit. I had to depend on Static Charge and blocking with summons... ...
Old 01-08-2004, 06:24 AM   #29
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, oh... before I forget.

A poll of what are your most commonly used summons, your favourite summons, and when do you use summons would be nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #30
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow

Sometimes I get the feeling that I am posting to myself here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Expect an update tommorow. Lots of new spell insertions and item handling (mainly potions).

Some screenshots of a character using the IWD_Arch.bs script. Nothing fancy, just a demostration that the character will do nothing to break his/her invisibility unless you force it to.

Scouting

PS: I neeeed feedback. *begs* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dragon's Eye Boss Battle Spoilers ahead,
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Some more screenshots of the party in action. Since this was a Boss Battle, it was not very possible to totally rely on the AI Scripts and I had to intervene a fair bit. Mostly because I wanted to cast Spike Growth everywhere, and that I needed to switch between Normal Arrows and +2 Arrows. That I needed to shuffle the summons around to distribute the stressloads.

Yxunomei

There are six screenshots, so it might take a while to load all of them.

1) The party, before the party.

2) Left half, sneaky, sneaky. 3 Yuan-Ti Mages spawn out of thin air. Needed to send some Bombardier Beetles and a Fire Elemental to handle them. This allowed my party and the rest of the summons to...

3) ... concentrate on the main battle. Sirius Black the Paladin is facing Yxunomei. I was mostly controlling Great Bear the Fighter/Druid to cast 6 Spike Growths at various locations to make it a living Hell for the Yuan-Tis.

4) The party say their Prayers. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I left the Cleric/Ranger, the Mage and the Bard mostly to their own devices. The Archer was mostly left alone too, save to switch ammunition type. Once I had finished casting the Spike Growths, I left Great Bear alone too, and you can see him casting Static Charge here. I had to keep a close eye on Sirius Black to make he did not become putty against Yxunomei.

5) The killing blow! And UBER XP. Hehe... save 3 Potions of Extra Healing (all for Sirius Black), the party is victorious with nary a scratch. [img]smile.gif[/img] You can see a Dispel Magic to the left. I made Jasmine the Bard cast it because Gramps the Mage had been Feebleminded; but Dispel Magic is now handled by the AI Script, for Feebleminded party members only.

6) A look at our champion. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I hope to improve that AC a whole lot more in time to come, when better equipment come by. One quirky thing about item handling in AI Scripts is that most items do not need to be in the Quickslot in order to be used by the AI Script. So you only need to put items that you might occasionally force the character to use. Other than that, just dump it in their inventory and the script will handle the rest.

[ 01-10-2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]