Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2003, 02:15 AM   #91
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well then, today was pretty interesting. Started off by running over to the bank and putting some much needed cash into my bro's account. That should tide him over for the month. Hopefully he plans better next month. My parents and I can't exactly afford to cover for him all the time. Oh well, you live and learn.

After that I mostly chilled the whole day. Til about 5:30pm when I rode my bike to my church Bible study. It was pretty good. We mostly discussed future schedules this week. But the fun part is that I made the bike ride in about 25 mintutes . That's 5 miles +/-. (pretty good for me [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Hmm... Oh yeah. My dad told me he wants me to drive up to Orlando to pick up my bro for Thanksgiving. note: I have zero driving experience so far. I guess I better get in some practice.

Finally, my sister tells me that as soon as I can get my license I can get a job cleaning pools for her friends dad. Sounds workable I suppose. Oh yeah, this friend, whose dad is offering the job, is none other than Chris, the girl I told yall about I think two cafe's ago. Hmmmm.... coincidence or no?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-11-2003, 02:54 AM   #92
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

my day has just been lovely. i feel like crap, my neighbors have complained about a smell from our apt so much that we have been threatened with a citation, i may or may not have a fever, my sinuses clog up if i lay down, my throat friggin hurts, and i've promised someone i would take her and her daughter to a church function tomorrow night (tonight? it is past midnight here.) not to mention the fact that nathan has an interveiw so i have to take my daughter too, who just happens to be running a low grade fever by 5 pm every day.

i cna't tell if i am running a fever because all our thermometers have been used on babies (in the special way to take a baby's temp.) so i can't take an oral temp on anyone. i can do axillary (underarm) but it is really not very accurate. right now id on't even take lyn's temp, she gets cranky and i feel her head i give her tylenol. i just can't believe how well i cannot sleep. or breathe for that matter. i may just end up with a sinus infection if i don't have one now. i wish i had a recliner to sleep in at least then i could breathe while i sleep.

hey fsa good thing about the job, money is good. license is good. enjoy.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:09 AM   #93
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
my day has just been lovely. i feel like crap, my neighbors have complained about a smell from our apt so much that we have been threatened with a citation, i may or may not have a fever, my sinuses clog up if i lay down, my throat friggin hurts, and i've promised someone i would take her and her daughter to a church function tomorrow night (tonight? it is past midnight here.) not to mention the fact that nathan has an interveiw so i have to take my daughter too, who just happens to be running a low grade fever by 5 pm every day.

i cna't tell if i am running a fever because all our thermometers have been used on babies (in the special way to take a baby's temp.) so i can't take an oral temp on anyone. i can do axillary (underarm) but it is really not very accurate. right now id on't even take lyn's temp, she gets cranky and i feel her head i give her tylenol. i just can't believe how well i cannot sleep. or breathe for that matter. i may just end up with a sinus infection if i don't have one now. i wish i had a recliner to sleep in at least then i could breathe while i sleep.
Ouch, that sounds horrible!

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-11-2003, 03:51 AM   #94
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

thank you for the sympathy, lord. (why does that sound like a prayer?)

hopefully things will look brighter on the other side of the day. if ic an get any sleep.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:36 AM   #95
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

On the drivers license thingy: I'm starting again coming thursday! Flunked the first time like a year ago, before the marine corps period and am starting again. My sis is paying it for me and then turns it into a long-term lone, to pay back when I'm finished from college. Bad thing is that I need to get my theory exam again
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #96
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Question Mark

hello guys!!! Wow I should probably get off my comp the screen is hurting my eyes i have bee playing d2 lod for about 8 hours now be the patch has finally come!!!!!!!! I should probably go to school today though but im already an hour late so ill stay home today... ok well anyway i must play on!!!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 10:37 AM   #97
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ummm cloud? Try at least 2 hours of sleep before hitting another round of Diablo 2. I've tried playing computer games after 24+ hours of being awake and it's not exactly health concientious(sp?).

Old 11-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #98
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
hey, let's face it, snowboarders screw up the snow -- especially in Vermont's wetter conditions and where the powder is ungroomed and pure.
Excuuuuuse me? Snowboarders to NOT screw up the snow, its the damn skiers that go through the untracked powder and make those horrible mougles that I always nearly break some bone on [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Hey, Lady Blue, my favorite areas are in the woods, dodging the trees, what about you? I prefer tree-dodging to groomed skiing, even where the half-pipes and jumps are concerned.
Awe hell ya, nothing better than boarding in the trees. Can't do it so much here in Socal, but up at Mammoth and in Vail, its super fun. I remember last season at Vail my best friend and I were doing our last run of the trip in a thick tree area that no one had been in. Well one turn around a tree was too tight for me to make by myself so i grabbed it so swing myself around and it ended up ripping off my glove and turning the liner inside out, plus landing me on my but at the base of the tree. We both thought it was so funny we sat there for 10minutes laughing and trying not to make yellow snow

Quote:
And, let's face it, with your wonderful western powder you avoid a lot of the treachery inherent in eastern skiing. In fact, in Vermont, they have a saying that "out west, you ski for fun, in the east you ski to survive." While I envy your high powder, I'll take a bit of pride in dodging wet snow, icy conditions, and rocky outcroppings, if'n you don't mind.
ya, s'true for the most part. It does get icy bad sometimes though, and up at Mammoth there are plenty of cliffs to launch yourself off of
Old 11-11-2003, 10:31 PM   #99
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Notice: The Cafe is now here