Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2001, 02:01 PM   #11
Conan

Saz, it gets really hot here to. Mixed with the humidity whew! When I watch the news in the morning if they say code "red", general air quality mixed with the heat index, I stay inside most of the time. We will get up to 110 heat index wise often. I get air conditioning colds sometimes because of the diverseness in temps when I walk outside.
I re-did the visitors center exhibits in Big Bend National Park ..I did find it to be very hot! A little dryer than here thow. The heat was on high thow. The only friends I had to enjoy it with were the scorpions and the huge spiders! Keep cool!

------------------
Conan

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 07-10-2001).]

Old 07-10-2001, 02:04 PM   #12
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*looks out of window*

Its raining heavily...torrential even, i'm freezing my ass off, even in our "summer" weather.... got thunderstorms a couple of days ago....and even in this i still manage to get hayfever.....

Yep, summer has arrived in Scotland!

(almost makes me jelous of PB, who's jetting out to Portrugal (sp) sometime in the next week or two )

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 02:47 PM   #13
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ramon! LOL Witty as ever, I see! Guess that means you aren't melting over in Germany? We've had the temperature in the high 80's and low 90's F for a week or so but our humidity has been pretty high to which makes it most uncomfortable to be outside.

I'm heading NORTH to visit friends near Lake Champlain soon. It's beautiful up there and a bit cooler, not to mention that they have a pool and a great deck to hang out on! Iced Tea and conversation by the pool...aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh now THAT is summer!

Cloudy
Wherever you go it will always be extremely hot - just try not to vaporize the entire Lake Champlain again this time, will you ? Those fishies need a place to live, too ...

Other than that, have a splendid time !

Gazza - 8 degrees Celsius in the midst of winter ? I really, really, do pity you ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 07-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #14
Gaelic
Elminster

I swam to my car through the humidity today. Hot indeed here in VA.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 07-10-2001, 05:50 PM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Crikey, I just worked out that 110 Farenheit is 42 Celsius (I don't understand Farenheit).
I have survived (and even enjoyed) temperature that high, but a dry heat. It is humidity I don't like.
In England it rarely gets above about 35 Celsius (my converter says 97 Farenheit), but the air gets very sticky and we are starting to get smog in London again because of traffic pollution. That can be quite unpleasant, you sometimes get grey streaks under your nose from breathing in all the dirt - I expect that is fairly common in a lot of cities these days (sigh).

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 07-10-2001, 11:44 PM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

if you want HOT as in HOT, come here! visit me, and ill show you!!!!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-11-2001, 05:35 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Gazza - 8 degrees Celsius in the midst of winter ? I really, really, do pity you ...

That's in the evening and morning. In Sydney it gets up to about 2 degrees Celsius in the sun during the day.

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 05:46 AM   #18
Qrt
Dungeon Master

hey Gazza it seems it's reposting-cold in the antipodes!!!

Here in Copenhagen we have been running at about 95-100 degrees fahrenheit and d**n humid too. I'm almost at the reposting state too from the other and somewhat sweatier angle!!!

[This message has been edited by Qrt (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 05:59 AM   #19
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Stop complaining. I'm from England where it's (supposedly) the middle of Summer and it's about 11 celsius outside at the moment! I'd kill for a chance at a tan.
Old 07-11-2001, 06:09 AM   #20
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Yes, it is very hot in Nashville too. We are getting high 90's, with the heat index over 100 degrees. We also have the high humidity and that means, it feels like a sauna, or steam bath, when you walk outside. I hate it, try and stay indoors as much as possible.

------------------