Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 07:54 PM   #71
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok true or false:

While in Moscow I went to a farmers market and sold myself to an Uzbeki farmer.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-15-2001, 08:00 PM   #72
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ok true or false:
While in Moscow I went to a farmers market and sold myself to an Uzbeki farmer.

Cloudy
Gotta be the truth...

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 08:11 PM   #73
Ziroc

Truth or Trash:
I was speeding, and got pulled over by a biker cop, when I got the ticket ($200)!!! I said "What the hell is this?" he said "You were doing 50 in a 30mph zone.. sigh.. I looked over to donna and said "This cop is a Moth** F*** Ass****" and he HEARD ME! He asked for the ticket back and wrote what I said on it, and handed it back to me. Truth or Trash?

Here is another Truth or Trash:
I got a dang ticket in the mail.. never happened before, but a stoplight took a frigging pic of me going through a red--IT WAS YELLOW still, I remember.. So I was a smartass, and sent a photo BACK to them of Money!!! (The exact amount- $68.50) I was kinda worried after I did that though.. I was gonna go to the courthouse and pay, but I got another letter, this time it was a cert. letter.. I nearly crapped when I opened it and there was a picture of HANDCUFFS!!! Needless to say, I paid the ticket that day But it WAS kind of cool, they played along!!!)

So????

Old 06-15-2001, 08:37 PM   #74
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc: I'd say "False" to the first, and "True" to the second. O'course, I'm not really good at figuring these out...but I have a feeling a cop would probably do more than just write on a ticket if you said something like that! They would in Texas, anyway!

Oh, and BTW, on mine: the story was TRUE. I always wondered if that girl tried that trick in any other classes...and if it worked for her?

Old 06-15-2001, 08:49 PM   #75
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Ziroc:

The first one is false. He must've been risking his own job for doing that - you could've proclaimed that it was 'intended' to address it to you!

The second one is true, I don't know how cheeky cops are over there but I say that they - like us are a little prone to the odd "joke".

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 09:08 PM   #76
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, CB's story is out of limits for me, but Dan, I believe your first one to be true and your second one to be false.

My RL first names are Guido Marius, but if not for much my name would be Marc Anton: at the time of my birth my mother, who is a studied historian, was really into the history of the Roman Empire, especially the era of civil wars between the end of the republic until the firm establishment of the imperial rule under Augustus. And Marc Anton, even though he was eventually on the losing side, was her favourite figure. She never really explained it but from mocking remarks from my father's side I got the impression it was his romantic appeal as a tragic hero who risked all for the love of a woman, Cleopetra, and eventually lost everything. She felt kind of embarrassed for such an unscientific approach to it, so she would not talk that about it later on. But at that time she was really determined to name me that way and only an evenly determined intervention by father who feared that the pomposity of that name could get me in trouble , especially during my childhood, prevented it from happening. Seems that I barely got off the hook on that one !

Truth or trash ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-15-2001, 09:27 PM   #77
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Z, I think your stories are both true! Handcuffs...LOL!

Ramon, darling fluffy one, you know I can't participate, as I know the truth already!

And I'll wait to tell my answer as not many have guessed! LOL

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-15-2001, 11:05 PM   #78
Moni

Ziroc,
I'll say TRUE on the first one and FALSE on the second one...I have seen the second one somewhere before, seems to me to have been in a collection of e-mail true-but-funny jokes and I think it is someone else's story.
If it IS yours...my apologies.

Hello Ramon!

I'll guess TRUE on yours.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 12:17 AM   #79
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Rude Dawg - the stable story is true. But tell me - didn't you get an inferiority complex?

When I a young, innocent and niaive doctor working as a house surgeoun in Casualty (ER to you foreign types)I had a case that really tested my ability to keep a straight face.

A rather good looking and somewhat well endowed young man had been out drinking, wearing jeans with no zipper. Well, the accident that was bound to happen did. He came into Cas when I was on duty so I extricated him from the zip, and then proceeded to stitch him up. Untill the local aneasthetic kicked in there was no problem. However once the pain stopped the poor guy had the expected reaction to being handled by a young red head

To top it all, guess who showed up two months later with exactly the same problem. You should have seen his face when he saw it was me on duty

OK - truth or thrash

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 12:26 AM   #80
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
Rude Dawg - the stable story is true. But tell me - didn't you get an inferiority complex?

NOPE. The horse did.

and, YES it is true. BTW, kiwi, I'm betting yours is true also...

One more 6th street story.

On a bet, I drank 75 jello-shots in one hour (cherry), in a shot bar. The plaque on the wall is there to this day.

T/F ??

------------------