Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-27-2002, 11:53 AM   #1
dhall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I may just be stupid but how do I become a templar? And, can I still do so if I am some how hostile to Rapax templar?
dhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, the Templars shouldn't be hostile to you when you first enter the Rift. The Rapax Common - Veterans, Samurai, Warmages, etc. - hate your guts and try to kill you. They show as red dots on your radar.

In the Rapax Castle, the Templars show as yellow (neutral). They will not bother you so long as you don't attack them.

The man (Rapax?) you want is up on the balcony over the throne room on the main level of the castle.

If, however, the Templars are hostile, well, I don't know of any way to raise your faction rating with them.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:10 PM   #3
Bear
Dungeon Master

Previous to entering Rapax Rift I noticed that my faction rating with Rapax Templars was "hostile" but they still showed up as yellow on the radar screen and let me become a Templar.

To become a Templar, you can look up the excellent walkthroughs
at www.volberding.com (sorry, don't know how to post a link).
Old 02-27-2002, 03:12 PM   #4
Bear
Dungeon Master

Apparently the board puts web addresses in link form automatically. Cool!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:22 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Bear, are you sure it was Rapax Templars that showed hostile in the faction ratings? I've never seen the rating as hostile in my games. The common, of course, are another matter

Because, if they really were hostile, I'd expect them to be red dots in the castle. Of course, that could also have been a bug...

Nightowl2
Old 02-28-2002, 09:40 AM   #6
dhall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Big thanks guys, I see what you mean now!!! I will try to talk to the templar in the castle.....
Old 02-28-2002, 09:48 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

If your Templar faction rating is hostle they will be shwing as red dots. This certainly changes to that if you free the prisoners at the away camp. I am betting that it is the Rapax Common rating we are talking about as being hostile.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:04 PM   #8
dhall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just to clarify, both my rapax common and templar ratings are hostile. Also I have never been to the away camp yet...........
Old 02-28-2002, 01:04 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, that's really strange. The Templars are set to be neutral, otherwise how could you join them - and that's an important part of the game.

I don't recall any Templars being in the Rift; those are all commons and killing them doesn't matter.

Did you perhaps kill a Templar by accident after entering the castle? That might do it.

Nightowl2
Old 02-28-2002, 01:40 PM   #10
Bear
Dungeon Master

I'm pretty sure that both my Rapax Templar and Rapax Common ratings were hostile before I entered the Rift. Unfortunately that save is long gone by now so I can't look back to be 100% sure. At the time I didn't worry about it because I figured that if they actually were hostile then I'd just have to slaughter the whole Castle and take all those exp. [img]smile.gif[/img]