Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 09:30 PM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I've been busy soloing my sorcerer and have been doing okay so far but I cannot defeat the rakshasas in the druid grove. Maybe I'm not high enough level yet (only 12th level) but I can't get any spells to work on them and the only way to do damage on them is melf's meteors, but I can't hurl them fast enough. Should I come back when I'm higher level and sick some skeletal warriors on them? What weapons can harm them? +1, +2 or better. What is their magic resistance? HELP!!!!
Old 11-08-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
Debaser

Every time i've fought this fight, i've found that having some fighters go right in and start smashing the raksashas is the best approach, magic not really being too effective on them. in your situation, though, that really isn't an option.
this fight must be really hard for a solo magic-user...for such a situation, you might want to just come back and finish the druid grove when your sorcerer is a little higher than 12th level...
Old 11-09-2001, 03:23 AM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm assuming you haven't picked Tanser's transformation or don't have it yet. When it comes around, pick it. For a solo magic user it might just be one of the best spells around, aside from the summoning spells.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:46 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Go back when you are level 15, you can then sic Skeleton Warriors on them.

Tensor's Transformation is a rather iffy spell for pure Mages and Sorcerers, you lose all your spellcasting ability for minimal combat skills. TT is best for Fighter/Mages, Bards.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:58 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

there are couple spells are useful in this kinda combat, summon that sword (forgot the name, havent touched the game for too long)

get a lower resistance spell, which can be purchased once you done the druid grove's quest (back in town)

note: you DO NOT have to kill those bastards just yet, so go buy the lower resis spells

once you have them, put them in a sequencer (or whatever that lets you use three lower resis) then cast on one of them, and begin bombarding!
Old 11-09-2001, 04:59 AM   #6
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Go back when you are level 15, you can then sic Skeleton Warriors on them.

Tensor's Transformation is a rather iffy spell for pure Mages and Sorcerers, you lose all your spellcasting ability for minimal combat skills. TT is best for Fighter/Mages, Bards.

there not exactly minimal skills are they!

Old 11-09-2001, 05:28 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Radiant_Memphit:
there not exactly minimal skills are they!

It is IMHO that TT is not suitable for pure Mages/Sorcerers. Others may beg to differ though, but I usually found other ways to do it, using spells of course.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:27 AM   #8
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks everyone, I finished Trademeet quest another way but I'll be back!!!! Just for the principle of it!!! Another question: Does it count as soloing if you take an npc for a short time to finish certain quests, like Trademeet? (think Cernd)
Old 11-09-2001, 07:34 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... I played purely solo, and did not pick up a single NPC save one. I picked up Keldorn to do his quest because it was very easy and took very little time. I did not share any Xp because we did not encounter any robbers and I just got the 10,000 Xp free of charge. No fighting needed.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:47 AM   #10
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Hmmmm... I played purely solo, and did not pick up a single NPC save one. I picked up Keldorn to do his quest because it was very easy and took very little time. I did not share any Xp because we did not encounter any robbers and I just got the 10,000 Xp free of charge. No fighting needed.
I needed Cernd to kill Faldorn to complete the quest, but I let him go afterwards. I didn't take Nalia because I didn't NEED her to complete the keep. Do I have to take Valygar to finish the planar sphere? I really don't want to kill him because I'm good-aligned.