Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2001, 08:04 AM   #1
The Drunken Monkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have SOA and TOB installed on my pc, ive looked into downloading the bonus merchants from the web, but the warning is that if you have already installed TOB, dont download the merchants as this may mess up the whole install.
Would i be able to copy the saved games to a different file, wipe the game from my machine - reinstall SOA - then put the new merchants in and finally install TOB ( Breath out - aaahhhhh )addign the saved games to the new install?

Would this work, i shall i not bother?

Cheers
Old 11-02-2001, 08:12 AM   #2
Jan

I've planed to it myself. I see no problem. I save the savefile from Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction. Uninstalled the game more than twice and added the save file without problems.

Old 11-02-2001, 08:31 AM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Rescueing the Savegames is no Problem. Just secure the save-folder in the BGII-Directory and after reinstalling just move it back in the BG-Folder. About the bonus-merchants I don´t know, but if you want anyway reinstall the game, try to install the merchants without removing ToB...
Old 11-02-2001, 08:38 AM   #4
Jan

No don't install the patch with the bonus items on ToB. You might damage the installation. Read this:

IMPORTANT: None of these files should be installed on top of the Throne Of
Bhaal expansion! If you already have Throne Of Bhaal installed, do not install
any of these tweaks or cheats. If you disregard this warning, your Baldur's Gate 2 installation could be damaged, requiring a complete reinstallation!

Old 11-02-2001, 08:46 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

1. Copy a backup of your savegames.
  2. Uninstall the whole game
  3. Install SoA
  4. Install ToB
  5. Install ToB patch
  6. Install Bonus Merchants

That was the way I did it. I also have the SoA Fixpack, improved graphics for Robe of Vecna, spell table convertor, among other things.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:51 AM   #6
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Jan !

If he anyway will reinstall the whole game, he just can try if it works or not. If it doesn´t, OK, bad luck, than reinstallation...
If it works, OK, too!

And if you want to install the patch in the proper way, you anyway have to do some deinstallation. Only as the others said, securing the save games would be wise
Old 11-02-2001, 03:44 PM   #7
Jan

Jaaa ya right.

Why run the risk??????? It would be stupid.

Old 11-02-2001, 03:49 PM   #8
Jan

Just an advise. Nothing negative in the message. I'm lawful good.

Old 11-02-2001, 04:13 PM   #9
andrewas
Harper

or you could jsut get the latest ToB patch which adds at least one of the bonus merchants, deirdre. someone on this board said it also installs joluv but i havent been able to find him so i rather doubt it. hopefully another patch will fix this.