Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-01-2002, 12:43 PM   #1
Oberon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Druids can cast thier alchemist spells when silenced. I was very pleased to notice this. I was in a tough battle the other night (in the cemetary dungeon), and my party was silenced, but I really needed to heal my front line. So I tried to cast my heal spell with my Bishop and I was able too, albiet a few levels below what I can normall do. My heal is usually from my divine school, since thats about 10 points higher than my alchemist school.

Its nice that they put in little things like that, really shows they put some thought into the game.

-Oberon
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #2
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

That's a feature that was in Wizardry 6, so it's a long standing idea... and adds to the accuracy of the game
Old 02-01-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
Nydlari
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Oberon:
Druids can cast thier alchemist spells when silenced.

Have I missed something realy big? Since when are their Druids in this game?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

To get druids in Wizardry 8, it's pretty easy!

Start Wizard 8 with the 3rd CD in. After you load your game, put in your 2nd cd. Go to a new zone or map. Asks for your 3rd CD, put it in. Let it load. Now put in your first CD and zone right back to your original zone. It will ask for the 3rd CD again. Put it in. And it will load the map.

Now press X+Y+Z plus F, F, PUNCH.

Oh wait.

Never mind.

I do believe he meant Rangers!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #5
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

Actually Vap you have almost accurately explained how to get the well know Fuzzle Nuts easter egg.
You just left out the fact that you need to stand on your head while typing, wearing a genuine pink French tu-tu and singing "fuzzle nuts, fuzzle nuts, look at my fuzzle nuts".

Knip
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:47 PM   #6
Oberon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oy.. one typo [img]tongue.gif[/img]

yeah, I meant bishops. Never really noticed that effect in earlier games. I didnt remember there being as much overlap between spells in the earlier games. On the other hand it has been nearly 10 years since I played the last one [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Oberon
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote