Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Yet another reason why the military dislikes BHO

Why not vote to reduce congressional and presidential pay by 15%, then freeze it for 5 years, and have them claim "all" travel expenses. Next install a term limit and finish with a set number of years that one must serve in order to collect the congressional pay, which would be a greater amount of time than the term limit provisions. Then we shall see some real cost savings. I won't mention them having to actually pay for health care, the middle class will continue to fund that. But that middle class will become smaller as the military falls back into poverty status.

A presidential commission on reducing the deficit has recommended freezing basic military pay and housing allowances for three years starting in 2011, according to a draft report of the commission’s recommendations posted online Wednesday.

“A three-year freeze at 2011 levels for these compensation categories would save the federal government $7.6 billion in compensation and tax expenditures, as well as another $1.6 billion in less retirement accrual, or $9.2 billion total discretionary savings in 2015,” it said.

http://www.military.com/news/article...itary-pay.html

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Yet another reason why the military dislikes BHO

Good. We need to piss off the military. It's the only way for the Revolution, OR a new Constitutional Convention to happen. (I know that the CC can occur if 2/3's of the states ask for it,,, but would the Fed comply?)

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

Felix, have you realized that if you stopped using the President's middle name you could be making hilarious posts like "Yet another reason why the military dislikes BO"?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar View Post
Felix, have you realized that if you stopped using the President's middle name you could be making hilarious posts like "Yet another reason why the military dislikes BO"?
That my lady can be taken out of context, twisted into a liberal lawsuit, and one could meet "budda" for that racial debacle. Careful of what you post when known liberals are about.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
That my lady can be taken out of context, twisted into a liberal lawsuit, and one could meet "budda" for that racial debacle.
Whereas clinging on to his middle name is of course not racist at all. Nope, not a bit.

But I digress, when I should interject the fact I came armed with: it's ALL federal pay, not just military, from what I saw today.

And, to be honest, this is all just bread and circus. 7 Bn. here or there ain't gonna change much at all. Hundreds of billions spent on defense for no good reason -- that's where we could see some real cuts that could actually start to get us back out of the red.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Whereas clinging on to his middle name is of course not racist at all. Nope, not a bit.

But I digress, when I should interject the fact I came armed with: it's ALL federal pay, not just military, from what I saw today.

And, to be honest, this is all just bread and circus. 7 Bn. here or there ain't gonna change much at all. Hundreds of billions spent on defense for no good reason -- that's where we could see some real cuts that could actually start to get us back out of the red.

You are actually correct this time, just like the GWB haters who used W, it is not racist at all. BHO is proud of his name, and you should be too!

Yes, I saw the new report as well, except did you notice the federal civilians are only being held to two years while the war fighters are being held to three?

Defense spending is something that could be cut, but that might mean we cannot stand shoulder to shoulder with our S. Korean allies!

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

People use the "W" in Bush's name to distinguish him from his father, who was also president. It's like someone feeling they must refer to McCain as John Sidney McCain each time. No real reason to, whether he is proud of it or not. It begs more questions than it answers, is all. And one of these questions is why people have a need to refer to a man who needs no distinguishing, by his middle name...Now, I am not sure about racist, but it certainly doesn't appear to sit well with those who do so, otherwise why even bring it up imo? Something weird there.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Bill Clinton was known as "bubba", Reagan as "The Gipper", it's nothing new. Some don't like this POTUS' name, and would prefer it not be used...

I can't talk bad about him until he is an ex-president, so I'll just use his name, that works well enough.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I think if someone didn't like his name, they simply wouldn't use his name...

Again, it is the people who feel the need to use his middle name for no apparent reason that beg more questions about just what is and what isn't comfortable for them. Oddness, is all.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I think if someone didn't like his name, they simply wouldn't use his name...

Again, it is the people who feel the need to use his middle name for no apparent reason that beg more questions about just what is and what isn't comfortable for them. Oddness, is all.
What is odd, is that he would rather the media use "Barry".

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen